Marina Soldati  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 11:44
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 18, 2007

Hello!

I`m trying to search the forums for help about how to convert an xls file into a Trados TM ( I know I`ve read about it). But, no matter which words I put in the search all I get is the poster, the date and the specific forum (SDL Trados Support). I can see neither the title nor the text of the postings. what am I doing wrong?
Any help will be much appreciated

Marina

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:44
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

The search box works for me... May 19, 2007

I imagine you're feeling pretty frustrated, but I don't understand how the problem is occurring.

I just tried myself. I entered the string from your message, "convert an xls file into a Trados TM," in the "search forums" box in the top right hand corner of the forum page--the page where this thread appears, in fact--, and got a list of 22 matches, including relevant snippets of text and links to each forum entry. Some of the link
... See more
I imagine you're feeling pretty frustrated, but I don't understand how the problem is occurring.

I just tried myself. I entered the string from your message, "convert an xls file into a Trados TM," in the "search forums" box in the top right hand corner of the forum page--the page where this thread appears, in fact--, and got a list of 22 matches, including relevant snippets of text and links to each forum entry. Some of the links take me to this forum:

http://www.proz.com/topic/69190

I assume it's the one you're looking for.

What I see is the advanced search form, and under it,

Search results: (22 matches)

with results displayed in 5 columns:

Poster Title Text Time Forum

Just to make sure, I also tried the search from one of the main Forum pages (the Translation art & business one) and got the same results.
Collapse

Marina Soldati
Marina Soldati  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 11:44
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks so much May 19, 2007

Dear Yolanda,

Now I understand what was going on. I used the "+" character between every word I was including in the search, i.e. convert + xls +....
Maybe that was the reason I got no title or text.
I`ve just tried without the "+" and it worked OK.
Thanks so much for your help.
Have a nice weekend
Marina

PS, the link you include is very useful, thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Forum search - what am I doing wrong?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »