peiling
peiling  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:55
Chinese to English
+ ...
Nov 29, 2006

Hiya,
I'm wondering if anyone knows how to open a new Non-English forum (I have already submitted a support ticket with the suggestion). I'm talking about a language that does not yet have its own language-specific forum. Thanks.

[Edited at 2006-11-29 22:25]

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 03:55
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Staff can do it, but not before a call for moderators Nov 29, 2006

Staff can create a new forum, but we will first make a (currently delayed) call for moderators and other volunteer positions. The idea is to create a forum if there is interest in the community and a suitable moderator is available.

Regards,
Enrique

peiling
Germany
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Interests Nov 29, 2006

I think there would definitely be an interest out there. I got to know a lot of Chinese translators through the Chinese forum. On the other hand, I had very little contact with other Malay translators on this site and I attributed that to the absence of a Malay forum. It would definitely encourage more Malay translators to participate more actively on this site!

Chinoise
Chinoise  Identity Verified
English to Chinese
+ ...
Agree, Pei Ling! Nov 29, 2006

Pei Ling Haußecker wrote:

Hiya,
I'm wondering if anyone knows how to open a new Non-English forum (I have already submitted a support ticket with the suggestion). I'm talking about a language that do not yet have its own language-specific forum. Thanks.

I think it's an excellent topic. As I said before, there's an urgent need for moderators in some language pairs where mods have never been assigned. Also, I felt the need of a forum for the Malay community.

Chinoise
English to Chinese
+ ...
Thanks in advance, Enrique and the other staff! Nov 29, 2006

Enrique wrote:

Staff can create a new forum, but we will first make a (currently delayed) call for moderators and other volunteer positions. The idea is to create a forum if there is interest in the community and a suitable moderator is available.

Regards,
Enrique

Hi Enrique,

I know you and the other staff are very busy at the moment. However, once you have started this call(preferably before Christmas), please do let us know. Just like Pei Ling and other interested members, I'd be happy to be a volunteer in my language pairs (Chinese-related), too.

Kind regards,

Betty

Ramona Ali
Ramona Ali  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:55
Member (2004)
English to Malay
+ ...
Join Teraju! Dec 1, 2006

Dear Pei Ling

I'm surprised you haven't stumbled upon Teraju or been introduced to it. It's a Yahoogroup of almost 400 Malay translators and Malay language enthusiasts just like you and me, of every race and from all over the world. Check it out at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teraju and do join. And don't forget to introduce yourself. Like me, I'm sure many others have seen you aro
... See more
Dear Pei Ling

I'm surprised you haven't stumbled upon Teraju or been introduced to it. It's a Yahoogroup of almost 400 Malay translators and Malay language enthusiasts just like you and me, of every race and from all over the world. Check it out at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teraju and do join. And don't forget to introduce yourself. Like me, I'm sure many others have seen you around in proz.com and would like to get to know you better.

Ramona
Collapse

Chinoise
English to Chinese
+ ...
Nice to meet you here, Ramona! Dec 1, 2006

Ramona wrote:

Dear Pei Ling

I'm surprised you haven't stumbled upon Teraju or been introduced to it. It's a Yahoogroup of almost 400 Malay translators and Malay language enthusiasts just like you and me, of every race and from all over the world. Check it out at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teraju and do join. And don't forget to introduce yourself. Like me, I'm sure many others have seen you around in proz.com and would like to get to know you better.

Ramona

FYI, ProZ.com has been endeavoring to localize this site into many languages. As far as I know, it has already been localized into more than five languages. The Chinese Localization ,in which I am also involved, is also underway. As you and Pei Ling may notice, we team members have tackled tons of questions there in the Chinese Forum. Needless to say, without the Chinese Forum, the translation of this site would have never been done in such a satisfactory way. Likewise, if the Malay Localization starts, you will definitely need a forum of your own language, where the ProZ.com staff can make a call for volunteers and the volunteer translators can discuss everything related to the translation. How cool it would be! Besides, IMHO, a forum which is actively used in a healthy way can have more than one moderator. Both you and Pei Ling are certainly good candidates.

Kind regards,
Betty

peiling
Germany
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks.... Dec 1, 2006

so much for letting me know about this site. I'll peek in soon.

Betty is right about the Malay localization. Personally, I'd really prefer to use just one site for all my language pairs. However, if everyone else is somewhere else, I guess I don't have a choice.

Ramona wrote:

Dear Pei Ling

Ramona

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to open a new Non-English forum

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »