Thread poster: BelkisDV
BelkisDV
BelkisDV  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:02
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 15, 2006

Is anyone else having problems getting mail? I haven't had any for the last 2-3 days.

Regards,
Belkis

Stephanie Wloch
Stephanie Wloch  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:02
Member (2003)
Dutch to German
Notification settings Jul 15, 2006

Hi Belkis,
Did you check your E-Mail settings?
"- Allow anyone to send me messages via my profile page"
is activated?
There are so many functions here, sometimes its really tricky.

Regards Steffi

BelkisDV
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still having problems. Jul 16, 2006

Yes, I've checked them and that feature is activated to allow ProZ mail. I submitted a Support Ticket and got the automated response from the site; however, now I'm going on day 4 without any other kind of mail.

Thank you for your kind suggestion.

Regards,
Belkis

BelkisDV
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Unacceptable Jul 17, 2006

A Platinum member whose questions go unanswered is simply unacceptable.

Not receiving mail from ProZ, not being awarded points for questions that go back to June, submitting Support Tickets and still not getting answers leaves a lot to be desired.

Thank you.
Belkis

Now this post is not even visible on the Front Page.

[Edited at 2006-07-17 11:00]

Nahun Silva (X)
Nahun Silva (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:02
zzz Test Language (1) to zzz Test Language (2)
Yahoo! problems Jul 17, 2006

Hi all,

Last week we found that Yahoo! blocked our mail thinking that we were a spam service, that is why all notification going out to Yahoo! mails were not delivered properly. We sent a request to Yahoo! and they said we have been unblocked.

Regards

Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
ProZ.com is not responsible for awarding points Jul 17, 2006

Belkis Díaz-Vidaillet wrote:
... not being awarded points for questions that go back to June ...

Hi Belkis,

May I point out that awarding points is the sole responsibility of the asker, not of ProZ.com. That said, I agree that support tickets should be processed promptly.

Steffen

BelkisDV
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ProZ mail/Unawarded KudoZ Jul 17, 2006

Thanks to the staff members re: mail problems with Yahoo!. I changed my email preferences to my America Online and it's working.

Regarding the unawarded KudoZ...I've been a member of ProZ for 6 years now, so I know how it works. In this case I was referring to the AutoRobot grading, not the askers, who obviously have not bothered to reply to ProZ's request.

Thank you all,
Regards.

Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
I see, Belkis Jul 18, 2006

Belkis Díaz-Vidaillet wrote:
Regarding the unawarded KudoZ ... In this case I was referring to the AutoRobot grading, not the askers, who obviously have not bothered to reply to ProZ's request.

Now I see what you were talking about - you could have made this clear from the outset.

Regards,
Steffen

BelkisDV
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Clear enough Jul 18, 2006

Stephen,

Since you were not aware of the problem, which has been going on for quite a while now, you inferred I was referring to ProZ awarding points. Obviously I wasn't.

I'm sorry if the tone of this post is not the most amicable, prior to this incident (autorobot grading), somehow... inexplicably I "lost" 40 KudoZ points. My KudoZ total back in May was 897, down to 857 by the end of June.

I don't have time to go back and submit support tickets for those
... See more
Stephen,

Since you were not aware of the problem, which has been going on for quite a while now, you inferred I was referring to ProZ awarding points. Obviously I wasn't.

I'm sorry if the tone of this post is not the most amicable, prior to this incident (autorobot grading), somehow... inexplicably I "lost" 40 KudoZ points. My KudoZ total back in May was 897, down to 857 by the end of June.

I don't have time to go back and submit support tickets for those points, so let's leave it as is.

[END OF TOPIC]

Belkis
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with ProZ mail

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »