hasse
hasse
English to Swedish
Mar 6, 2006

On FAQ page

http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/faq#notify

one reads:

"Email Notification
If you create a new topic, you have the option of receiving an email notification every time someone posts a reply to your topic. Just check the email notification box on the "New Topic" forum when you create your new topic if you want to use this feature."

"New
... See more
On FAQ page

http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/faq#notify

one reads:

"Email Notification
If you create a new topic, you have the option of receiving an email notification every time someone posts a reply to your topic. Just check the email notification box on the "New Topic" forum when you create your new topic if you want to use this feature."

"New Topic" forum??? What is that? I cannot see anywhere, posting this message, where I can check an eamil notification box. Please help!

Hans L
Collapse

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:22
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
I think this is an error in the FAQ Mar 7, 2006

As you say, on the page for submitting a post, there is no button for sending a copy to yourself.
But in my own experience, this is not necessary. I am always sent notifications of postings I have initiated myself. There is a button on the forum topic page itself called "Update email tracking", with a box to check if you want posts on a particular topic sent to you, but it is not necessary for your own topics.
FAQs get updated at rare intervals, so it may be that this refers to som
... See more
As you say, on the page for submitting a post, there is no button for sending a copy to yourself.
But in my own experience, this is not necessary. I am always sent notifications of postings I have initiated myself. There is a button on the forum topic page itself called "Update email tracking", with a box to check if you want posts on a particular topic sent to you, but it is not necessary for your own topics.
FAQs get updated at rare intervals, so it may be that this refers to some long-gone previous way of doing things - what the Russians call пережиток прошлого - a vestige of the past.
Collapse

hasse
hasse
English to Swedish
TOPIC STARTER
I think, too, this is an error in the FAQ Mar 7, 2006

Thank you, Jack! What you say is verified by the fact that I was notified by e-mail of your post.

You would think that FAQ, which are there to steer users right, would be updated, not seldom, but very often. Go figure!?

Regards,

Hans L

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Email notification for response to own posts

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »