Thread poster: justin C
Özden Arıkan
Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:53
English to Turkish
+ ...
I corrected my Portfolio manually Mar 3, 2006

I am aware that this is not The Solution to the problem itself, but as I also worried a lot when I saw my work samples in an unreadable format, I corrected them manually: if you re-type the garbled characters with your browser set to UTF-8 they come out corrected. Hope this helps for an interim solution to those who worry about Portfolios. (And in fact, this method of manual correction works for everything else in the profile pages.)

Andrea Quintana wrote:

marceloabq wrote:

The Spanish and Portuguese accents/diacritics in my Portfolio entries have been "garbled" as well.

Will the conversion be done to restore these letters, as well? If so, when?

Thanks and regards,

Marcelo

Same here. Our potential clients won't certainly like our sample translations, will they? The problem is Portfolio texts are more extense than just one-word/phrase/line to be corrected manually. I know nothing about Unicode, either, and hope this is solved -or we are told how to solve it- soon. Any response from those in charge, please?

Heidi C
Heidi C  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:53
English to Spanish
+ ...
sorry for delay, about powow Mar 4, 2006

Andrew Wright wrote:

Heidi:) wrote:

In all of my pages, a coming powow in Mexico is announced and instead of México (accent) it has a Chinese character...

The icon does not appear there (though I do get the announcement with the little check mark)

Where do I report it?

regards,

heidi

Heidi,

The Powwow's aren't being converted just yet, if you're looking at the page for that particular Powwow it shouldn't be using unicode just yet. If you saw the name of the Powwow appearing somewhere else that was unicode just tell me where that was.

Andrew Wright

Andrew:
The mistake appears on every page that opens (where it says: Powows in México) You know, at the top with the flag...
(hope you figure out what I mean...)

saludos,
heidi

Heidi C
Heidi C  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Errors in sample translation in quotes for jobs... Mar 4, 2006

HI,

just noticed that when quoting for a job and sending a sample translation in Spanish, when I look at the text sent, all the accented letters come out garbled.

Is this happening only when looking at the message and sample in Proz.com, or is it also being sent out like that and the poster will see the sample translation like this?

What can we do?

good weekend...

heidi...
See more
HI,

just noticed that when quoting for a job and sending a sample translation in Spanish, when I look at the text sent, all the accented letters come out garbled.

Is this happening only when looking at the message and sample in Proz.com, or is it also being sent out like that and the poster will see the sample translation like this?

What can we do?

good weekend...

heidi
Collapse

Per Bergvall
Per Bergvall  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...

Scandinavian characters disappearing Mar 7, 2006

Just wanted to let you know that in the matter of Kudoz Q's and A's, there is still an unresolved matter:
------------------
Term: body copy
You entered: brødtekst
Peer: Vedis Bjrndal (http://www.proz.com/pro/21742)
Opinion: agree
Comment: PC-World-leksikon: brdtekst, dvs hoveddelen av
teksten i en artikkel
... See more
Just wanted to let you know that in the matter of Kudoz Q's and A's, there is still an unresolved matter:
------------------
Term: body copy
You entered: brødtekst
Peer: Vedis Bjrndal (http://www.proz.com/pro/21742)
Opinion: agree
Comment: PC-World-leksikon: brdtekst, dvs hoveddelen av
teksten i en artikkel

URL: http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1273851?login=y
--------------------
Brødtekst is presented correctly after 'You entered', but the ø (o-slash) is missing from the same word in the comment text - and from the Peer's name (Bjørndal).
Collapse

domingo
domingo
Peru
Local time: 13:53
Spanish
+ ...
http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1150615 Mar 21, 2006

An Asker comment is garbled but it couldn't be fixed

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

The asker box is not garbled for me Mar 21, 2006

I just checked. The character coding in my browser view dropdown menu is set to Unicode, and the question is quite clear to me. I just checked the rest of the page, and there are no coding problems anywhere on the page.

Try checking the character coding settings in your browser to make sure your browser is setting itself to Unicode when viewing ProZ pages.

Victor Dewsbery
Victor Dewsbery  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Forums: DejaVu or DéjàVu or D骠Vu Mar 29, 2006

As I write this, I see the above title as three different spellings. The first is plain ASCII without accents, the second has French-style accents, the third has a Chinese character which has gobbled up three European characters. I don't know how this will display in the forum post.

The name of the forum is given both in the "Recent Posts" view and on the page of the thread as

D(Chinese character)Vu support.

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:53
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Garbled email notification from robot Apr 16, 2006

Received the following email notification:

You suggested a translation for this KudoZ term:

аАаКб� аПб�аИаЕаМаКаИ-аПаЕб�аЕаДаАб�аИ

Your suggested translation:

acceptance certificate

The garbled text (Russian) should read:

акт приемки-передачи.

I have had previous notifications from the robot which were not garbled.

Katalin Sandor
Katalin Sandor  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Hungarian characters messed up (at times) Aug 22, 2006

I've just tried to check someting in the Kudoz Open Glossary Hungarian-English Accounting section, and found that some Hungarian terms are missing diacritical marks (badly). Interestingly enough, all the unconfirmed items are displayed correctly, but some of the items without any ticks or crosses next to them (confirmed, I presume) have no diacritical marks (though they should have them), while others are dispayed correctly. Who should one turn to with this problem, or what should one (me) do ab... See more
I've just tried to check someting in the Kudoz Open Glossary Hungarian-English Accounting section, and found that some Hungarian terms are missing diacritical marks (badly). Interestingly enough, all the unconfirmed items are displayed correctly, but some of the items without any ticks or crosses next to them (confirmed, I presume) have no diacritical marks (though they should have them), while others are dispayed correctly. Who should one turn to with this problem, or what should one (me) do about it?Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.com staff is in the process of migrating the forums to unicode

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »