Thread poster: moken
moken
moken  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:38
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 12, 2005

Hi,

When posting to the forums, I have noticed that it is possible to use the 'back' button on the explorer to browse back to previously visited pages and return to the page where you're writing your post, without losing the information typed (very useful!).

This morning however, I was just finishing quite a long forum post when my computer crashed. When I got it re-started, my computer had kept no record of the forums or of the post I was writing. Is there any mechanis
... See more
Hi,

When posting to the forums, I have noticed that it is possible to use the 'back' button on the explorer to browse back to previously visited pages and return to the page where you're writing your post, without losing the information typed (very useful!).

This morning however, I was just finishing quite a long forum post when my computer crashed. When I got it re-started, my computer had kept no record of the forums or of the post I was writing. Is there any mechanism to recover this lost information in order to avoid having to re-write the whole thing?

Thanks for your help,

Álvaro ))
Collapse

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 19:38
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Hi Álvaro Dec 12, 2005

Álvaro Blanch wrote:

I was going to say that it wasn't working like this any more, but I did a test and didn't lose what I had written. Anyway I have already lost long posts just going back.

I'm afraid that in this case you'll have to write it again, it's not stored in ProZ.com.

Claudia

moken
moken  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:38
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
sob, sob Dec 12, 2005

Thank you vm for your prompt response Claudia,

I suppose I'll just have to find time to do it again then...

¡Hasta pronto!

Álvaro ))

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:38
English to German
+ ...
This won't help you in the event of a crash... Dec 12, 2005

...but sometimes a posting gets lost due to a brief interruption in the internet connection.

That's why I use two shortcuts (Ctrl+A - select all - plus Ctrl+C - copy to clipboard) with a longer posting before sending it. Only takes a second, and saves a lot of (re-)typing, just in case.

Best regards,
Ralf

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 01:38
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
I sometimes use Word Dec 12, 2005

Ralf Lemster wrote:

...but sometimes a posting gets lost due to a brief interruption in the internet connection.

That's why I use two shortcuts (Ctrl+A - select all - plus Ctrl+C - copy to clipboard) with a longer posting before sending it. Only takes a second, and saves a lot of (re-)typing, just in case.

Best regards,
Ralf

I sometimes open a Word doc and write my answer there. This has the advantages that I can see all the previous comments in the forum when I want to, and also that I can use the spell checker to remove some of the typos ;-D

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to recover a lost post

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »