help, when I reply in the forum, why cann't I see my own words?
Thread poster: Sharon Sun
Sharon Sun
Sharon Sun  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 05:43
English to Chinese
Sep 29, 2005

So strange, is there anyone who can help me out? Thanks a lot!!

Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:43
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Your forum postings need to be vetted (made publicly visible) Sep 29, 2005

Hi Sharon,

As you are not a platinum member, your forum contributions need to be vetted, i.e. checked and made visible by the moderator[s] taking care of the respective forum (provided the postings comply with forum rules and the scope of ProZ.com).

Since there is not always a moderator on duty on a 24/7 basis, this process may take some time. As a result, you will normally not see your forum responses immediately.

Steffen

Sharon Sun
Sharon Sun  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 05:43
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Vielen Dank!!! Sep 29, 2005

Hi, Steffen
Vielen Dank!!!
Ich studiere Deutch jetzt.
Hopefully I will be able to translate from German too.
Thank you for the information. I will study the forum rules carefully and consider to promote to plantium too.

Sharon
Steffen Walter wrote:

Hi Sharon,

As you are not a platinum member, your forum contributions need to be vetted, i.e. checked and made visible by the moderator[s] taking care of the respective forum (provided the postings comply with forum rules and the scope of ProZ.com).

Since there is not always a moderator on duty on a 24/7 basis, this process may take some time. As a result, you will normally not see your forum responses immediately.

Steffen

two2tango
two2tango  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 18:43
English to Spanish
+ ...
You don't need to be Platinum Sep 29, 2005

For your posting to be published without moderator's approval you don't need to be a Platinum member. You will find a lot of valuable information about the site in the FAQ section

http://www.proz.com/faq/

In particular, in the forums section you will find

4. Are forum postings vetted?
Forum postings from platinum members and members with verified identities appear immediately. Postings from non-platinum members are checked before being made visible. Most postings are vetted within 12 hours.

So, all you need is to have your identity verified, as detailed in http://www.proz.com/faq/qa

Regards,
Enrique

Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:43
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Right, Quique Sep 29, 2005

two2tango wrote:
So, all you need is to have your identity verified, as detailed in http://www.proz.com/faq/qa

Sorry for the oversight.

Steffen

[Edited at 2005-09-29 12:45]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

help, when I reply in the forum, why cann't I see my own words?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »