Off topic: Where Should Customer Post Questions Seeking Guidance from Translators?
Thread poster: DBnearSJ
DBnearSJ
DBnearSJ
United States
Oct 20, 2020

If an end customer has questions about a book translation project (hoping to benefit from some of the wisdom of the professionals here), would there be an appropriate forum here at which to ask these questions?

I looked through the list of forums but none seemed appropriate, though maybe I'm just failing to understand. "Off Topic" seemed to come the closest, so I'm trying my post here.

If there is another forum (site) that would be a better fit for this, a referral woul
... See more
If an end customer has questions about a book translation project (hoping to benefit from some of the wisdom of the professionals here), would there be an appropriate forum here at which to ask these questions?

I looked through the list of forums but none seemed appropriate, though maybe I'm just failing to understand. "Off Topic" seemed to come the closest, so I'm trying my post here.

If there is another forum (site) that would be a better fit for this, a referral would be appreciated. Many thanks!
Collapse

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:14
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Just ask Oct 20, 2020

You could just ask your questions right here. I'm sure you'll get plenty of replies.

[Edited at 2020-10-20 13:12 GMT]

Yolanda Broad

DBnearSJ
DBnearSJ
United States
TOPIC STARTER
Thank You, Tom & Yana! Oct 20, 2020

Thanks to Yana, for moving my question to the appropriate area.

Thanks to Tom, for encouraging me to post my extended question.

I have done so in this same forum.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where Should Customer Post Questions Seeking Guidance from Translators?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »