Is there a way that I can subscribe to old threads and see them stored somewhere?
Thread poster: sorchio
sorchio
sorchio
Germany
Local time: 11:34
English to German
Jun 13, 2005

Hi,

While reading the forums I come across quite a few helpful threads. Is there a way that I can subscribe to old threads and see them stored somewhere, so I can go back to them? I could only find the *notify me of new posts*-function. Or is that the same?

Thank you for your time

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
FAQ Jun 13, 2005

Hi Rebecca,
Have a look at the relevant info in the Forum FAQ.

HTH, Ralf

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 06:34
SITE FOUNDER
We don't have a way of doing that yet Jun 13, 2005

sorchio wrote:

While reading the forums I come across quite a few helpful threads. Is there a way that I can subscribe to old threads and see them stored somewhere, so I can go back to them?

Unfortunately we do not have a way of doing that yet. I will make a note for future consideration. Thanks!

sorchio
sorchio
Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
as Henry said: no such thing yet - but I found a good alternative (for now) Jun 13, 2005

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Rebecca,
Have a look at the relevant info in the Forum FAQ.

HTH, Ralf

I checked the FAQ before and I believe it only refers to new threads or posts. The threads I wanted to *subscribe* to are old (2002 etc.) and unlikely to have new posts added anymore, hence the present notification system doesn't work.

As Henry said now, there is no such thing (yet). I found a more than acceptable alternative for the time being: safe the link in the favourites folder. I just didn't do it in the first place because usually there appears some cryptic title in the name box. But, what a pleasant surprise, when you safe a thread of these forums you get the full name of the thread plus the forum name in brackets.:)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a way that I can subscribe to old threads and see them stored somewhere?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »