Thread poster: Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:22
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
Feb 25, 2019

This is a useful feature: one can agree without need to write a new post. But it's too bad we aren't notified about the agrees like it happens with KudoZ anwers - most of the times, we notice accidentally (if ever) that someone agreed to our post only when we happen to turn back to the thread for whatever reason. At least, this is my case as I don't check regularly the threads I have contributed to.

Wouldn't it be possible to send a notification of those agrees to the poster? Otherw
... See more
This is a useful feature: one can agree without need to write a new post. But it's too bad we aren't notified about the agrees like it happens with KudoZ anwers - most of the times, we notice accidentally (if ever) that someone agreed to our post only when we happen to turn back to the thread for whatever reason. At least, this is my case as I don't check regularly the threads I have contributed to.

Wouldn't it be possible to send a notification of those agrees to the poster? Otherwise, I feel, this feature might be rather useless as many of us will possibly never know about an agree they received.
Collapse

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
Please no! Feb 26, 2019

I'm notified for new products, policy changes, reminders, discounts, updates... not to mention spam, that hijacks a good portion of network infrastructures and everything that goes with them.

But for those interested, it could be part of the notification choices we have as users. I disabled most, if not all, automatic notifications, I'll also disable that one. If I am interested in a page update, I tick the Track question/thread (paid membership).

Philippe

Tanja Oresnik
Thomas Pfann
Ester Vidal
ahartje
Ph_B (X)
Kay-Viktor Stegemann
John Fossey

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 19:22
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Christel Feb 26, 2019

I’m always notified when someone agrees with one of my suggestions. I suppose I have ticked a notification choice somewhere…

Thomas Pfann
Thomas Pfann  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
Disagree Feb 26, 2019

Christel Zipfel wrote:
Wouldn't it be possible to send a notification of those agrees to the poster? Otherwise, I feel, this feature might be rather useless as many of us will possibly never know about an agree they received.

I don't agree. Everyone who follows a discussion sees how many people agreed with a post (ie. how popular the point made in that post is). If you no longer follow the discussion you don't need to see who or how many peers agreed with something you said earlier.

The purpose of this feature is to show which opinions and points are supported by others and to keep the discussion flowing (by eliminating the need to reply to a discussion only to say 'I agree'). Of course, it is nice to see if someone agrees with you – but that's not what the feature is about.

What's still missing is a 'Disagree' button, though.

Ester Vidal
Christine Andersen

Ph_B (X)
Ph_B (X)
France
French
+ ...
Disagree Feb 26, 2019

Thomas Pfann wrote:

What's still missing is a 'Disagree' button, though.

More disagrees on this site? Nope, thank you very much.

Jacek Sierakowski
Ricki Farn

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Sorry... Feb 26, 2019

Teresa Borges wrote:

I’m always notified when someone agrees with one of my suggestions. I suppose I have ticked a notification choice somewhere…

I misunderstood your point, I thought you were talking about Kudoz...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Agrees" on site forums

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »