https://www.proz.com/forum/site_forums/327715-why_can_i_no_longer_see_the_full_list_of_forum_and_recent_forum_topics.html&phpv_redirected=1

Why can I no longer see the full list of forum and recent forum topics?
Thread poster: Ivana UK
Ivana UK
Ivana UK  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:16
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
Aug 5, 2018

Today I can see a total of 3 forum topics - all posted today. No matter what I do, I cannot see any forum postings from earlier dates. Pretty much the same thing applies to the Jobs board - I can now only see job postings going back a maximum or ten days or so.

When I click on Recent translation forum posts all I see are the same 3 topics and the following wording:

= New posts since your last visit ( = More than 15 posts)
= No new posts since your last visit ( =
... See more
Today I can see a total of 3 forum topics - all posted today. No matter what I do, I cannot see any forum postings from earlier dates. Pretty much the same thing applies to the Jobs board - I can now only see job postings going back a maximum or ten days or so.

When I click on Recent translation forum posts all I see are the same 3 topics and the following wording:

= New posts since your last visit ( = More than 15 posts)
= No new posts since your last visit ( = More than 15 posts)
= Topic is locked (No new posts may be made in it)

So basically, since there are no new posts since my last visit yesterday (when I read just a couple of posts after not accessing Proz.com for more than 3 weeks), I am no longer entitled to access the forums?

There seem to be daily, unnotified changes to the Proz.com website, none of which appear to in any way improve the site but instead negatively impact functionality.

As a paying member I'm not impressed with the direction Proz.com is taking.

Is it just me or is everyone else experience the same "restricted" access to once freely availabe features?
Collapse

Tom in London
Michele Fauble
Sarah Lewis-Morgan

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:16
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
Don't take it personal! Aug 5, 2018

It is probably a server problem. I see only 2 posts...

Ivana UK
Angie Garbarino

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Some kind of a bug? Aug 5, 2018

I also see only two posts but this morning everything was fine...

Jennifer Forbes
Jennifer Forbes  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
In memoriam
# Me too Aug 5, 2018

Since about noon today, I too have only been able to see three "most recent posts". Most annoying. I presume it's not intentional and must be some kind of bug. Please put it right.

neilmac
Michele Fauble

Nikki Scott-Despaigne
Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:16
French to English
Solution Aug 5, 2018

Click on "Site forums" in red just above the title of this thread and you'll go to the full list.

Edit: Well, a fuller list, that is and only in the "site forums" group of threads.

[Edited at 2018-08-05 16:37 GMT]

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Same here Aug 5, 2018

Ivana Micheli wrote:

Today I can see a total of 3 forum topics - all posted today.

Same here

Michele Fauble

ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Recent forum posts Aug 5, 2018

Thank you for reporting the issue with the number of posts appearing on the recent forum topics page. It should now be resolved.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Thanks! Aug 6, 2018

ProZ.com Staff wrote:

Thank you for reporting the issue with the number of posts appearing on the recent forum topics page. It should now be resolved.

It's fine now...

Ivana UK
Ivana UK  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Aug 6, 2018

ProZ.com Staff wrote:

Glad to see it was just a bug and has now been resolved. I thought it was yet another change to the Proz.com interface...!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why can I no longer see the full list of forum and recent forum topics?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »