Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5]
Forum "agree" button released
Thread poster: Nicholas Sahm

Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 09:11
Member (2006)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Alias Jul 6, 2018

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL wrote:

On the second page, the names are shown in full... if you click on page 1 again, the name are in full... looks to me it's a software bug...


If you click on the 2nd page then you will get the current day status of that page not the one that was in May.
You could get the 2nd page from May status if Google made a cache of the 2nd page in May and if Google allows you to see that.
Maybe not Giovanni G. was used for your profile but maybe your "nickname" was used or some other names...
Since Giovanni G. was used for a different translator: https://www.proz.com/profile/760325
He was called Giovanni G.

So probably you "received" a different alias in May.

[Edited at 2018-07-06 18:46 GMT]


 

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:11
Member (2004)
English to Italian
But... Jul 6, 2018

Katalin Szilárd wrote:

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL wrote:

On the second page, the names are shown in full... if you click on page 1 again, the name are in full... looks to me it's a software bug...


If you click on the 2nd page then you will get the current day status of that page not the one that was in May.
You could get the 2nd page from May status if Google made a cache of the 2nd page in May and if Google allows you too see that.
Maybe not Giovanni G. was used for your profile but maybe your "nickname" was used or some other names...
Since Giovanni G. was used for a different translator: https://www.proz.com/profile/760325
He was called Giovanni G.

So probably you "received" a different alias in May.


I don't get it... is it ok now?


 

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:11
Member (2004)
English to Italian
ok... Jul 6, 2018

Mirko Mainardi wrote:

Giovanni, speaking of "rants"... not sure what your point is anymore and why you dragged me into this... First you single me out saying I wrote things I didn't write, then you say it's because you "don't find particularly kind" what I wrote (really?). Anything else?

And yes, we're talking about a minor feature, which however is part of a bigger picture. Things are being changed non stop, quite often without even saying what is being changed, why, how and what impact such change is going to have on us (if any), let alone asking for our opinion, all of that while there are outstanding issues that aren't getting any attention or even a simple reply. Change for the sake of change is not a value. And sorry if this does not sound "kind" to you, for whatever reason...


I got it wrong the first time around when I singled you out for a minor criticism... and I apologise for that. I still believe that your words were a bit harsh, though... But it doesn't matter...


 

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:11
Member (2004)
English to Italian
mmm.... Jul 6, 2018

Katalin Szilárd wrote:

If you click on the 2nd page then you will get the current day status of that page not the one that was in May.
You could get the 2nd page from May status if Google made a cache of the 2nd page in May and if Google allows you too see that.
Maybe not Giovanni G. was used for your profile but maybe your "nickname" was used or some other names...
Since Giovanni G. was used for a different translator: https://www.proz.com/profile/760325
He was called Giovanni G.

So probably you "received" a different alias in May.


I'm not sure what your point is... are you saying that ProZ was favouring Plus subscribers and it was found out and now everything is back to normal?

[Edited at 2018-07-06 12:04 GMT]


 

Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 09:11
Member (2006)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Good question Jul 6, 2018

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL wrote:

Katalin Szilárd wrote:

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL wrote:

On the second page, the names are shown in full... if you click on page 1 again, the name are in full... looks to me it's a software bug...


If you click on the 2nd page then you will get the current day status of that page not the one that was in May.
You could get the 2nd page from May status if Google made a cache of the 2nd page in May and if Google allows you too see that.
Maybe not Giovanni G. was used for your profile but maybe your "nickname" was used or some other names...
Since Giovanni G. was used for a different translator: https://www.proz.com/profile/760325
He was called Giovanni G.

So probably you "received" a different alias in May.


I don't get it... is it ok now?


It seems so. But who knows? The trick is you never know...
What we can do: communicate, post and tell if we see something weird on someone's else profile or in the directory.


 

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:11
Member (2004)
English to Italian
Deleted Jul 6, 2018

got it wrong...

 

Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 09:11
Member (2006)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
The point.... Jul 6, 2018

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL wrote:

I don't get it... is it ok now?
-----------------------------------
I'm not sure what your point is...


If you don't know what my point is after that I don't have a question ...
If somebody is not shocked at that a professional site used an alias on his profile without his knowledge then something is very wrong here...


 

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:11
Member (2004)
English to Italian
The point... Jul 6, 2018

Katalin Szilárd wrote:

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL wrote:

I don't get it... is it ok now?
-----------------------------------
I'm not sure what your point is...


If you don't know what my point is after that I don't have a question ...
If somebody is not shocked at that a professional site used an alias on his profile without his knowledge then something is very wrong here...


I posted the second question before you posted the answer...

Not sure why they were using aliases... maybe they were experimenting...


 

Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 09:11
Member (2006)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Real and shady... Jul 6, 2018

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL wrote:

Katalin Szilárd wrote:

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL wrote:

I don't get it... is it ok now?
-----------------------------------
I'm not sure what your point is...


If you don't know what my point is after that I don't have a question ...
If somebody is not shocked at that a professional site used an alias on his profile without his knowledge then something is very wrong here...


I posted the second question before you posted the answer...

Not sure why they were using aliases... maybe they were experimenting...


After this conversation this is very relevant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJO5HU_7_1w

Relevant time frames: 0:00 till 0:18 and 2:18 till 2:44

For me: conversation has ended in this thread.





[Edited at 2018-07-07 09:23 GMT]

[Edited at 2018-07-07 09:23 GMT]


 

Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
This button doesn't work properly Jul 6, 2018

i.e. sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. I click on "agree" and suddenly appears "unagree" without my agree having appeared. Today this happened two times in two different forums and there is no way to "agree". So finally I renounced alltogether.

 

Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:11
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Back to the topic of the Agree button Jul 18, 2018

Could we refocus the discussion on the specific feature that is the main topic of this thread, e.g. the Agree button? Thanks.

Could the site please return tot he specs originally described and greeted with warm welcome in the first post?
That is, Agree button, and a simple count showing how many people have agreed, and no portrait icons?
A simple numeric figure is much easier to "take in" and process at a glance, and therefore much more useful than a row of distorted pic
... See more
Could we refocus the discussion on the specific feature that is the main topic of this thread, e.g. the Agree button? Thanks.

Could the site please return tot he specs originally described and greeted with warm welcome in the first post?
That is, Agree button, and a simple count showing how many people have agreed, and no portrait icons?
A simple numeric figure is much easier to "take in" and process at a glance, and therefore much more useful than a row of distorted pictures.

Another issue that Christel brought up is the lack of proper refreshing of the page after clicking the Agree button. This should be fixed because it is affecting usability.
In addition, I think it is not only the Agree button that has this problem. If we add a post, that does not appear either. I have to click on the main forum title and come back again to the specific page I posted on in order to see my own comment. It has been a problem for a long time, by the way. I don't thin it is browser-specific, I am on my 3rd browser the past 3 months and this has been a problem with all of them, so seems independent of the browser/OS.
Collapse


Mirko Mainardi
Michele Fauble
 
Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5]


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Forum "agree" button released

Advanced search






Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search