Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:09
English to German
+ ...
Apr 6, 2005

Hi,

I was just taking advantage of the newly installed RSS feeds in the forum system here in Proz when I discovered that the non-English forums don't have RSS feeds (at least, they don't have the sign for RSS feeds). I was using my feed reader's internal feed detection function.

Now, I've tried to add the feeds manually by inserting the feed link along with the appropriate forum number, but it seems that this isn't working for all language forums.

Any idea
... See more
Hi,

I was just taking advantage of the newly installed RSS feeds in the forum system here in Proz when I discovered that the non-English forums don't have RSS feeds (at least, they don't have the sign for RSS feeds). I was using my feed reader's internal feed detection function.

Now, I've tried to add the feeds manually by inserting the feed link along with the appropriate forum number, but it seems that this isn't working for all language forums.

Any idea when this feature will be available for all language forums?

Thanks.

Sonja
Collapse

Mario Cerutti
Mario Cerutti  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 16:09
Italian to Japanese
+ ...
Neither the English fora? Apr 7, 2005

When I click on the RSS icon in the Translator Resources forum, i.e. an English language forum, the following error appears:

"XML Parsing Error: not well formed"

In any case, from any Proz.com page I go the "XML" icon that appears in Firefox with the RSS Sage plug-in installed is greyed out, perhaps meaning the the document that I am trying to access is not RSS-capable.

Hence my question: is Proz.com a RSS-capable site? If yes, what's the trick to make it w
... See more
When I click on the RSS icon in the Translator Resources forum, i.e. an English language forum, the following error appears:

"XML Parsing Error: not well formed"

In any case, from any Proz.com page I go the "XML" icon that appears in Firefox with the RSS Sage plug-in installed is greyed out, perhaps meaning the the document that I am trying to access is not RSS-capable.

Hence my question: is Proz.com a RSS-capable site? If yes, what's the trick to make it work as such?

Kind regards

Mario Cerutti
Collapse

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:09
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Partially Apr 7, 2005

You are right here. The Translator resources RSS feed isn't working properly.

However, I had no problem with any of the other feeds from that page.

I use Sage, too. When I add a new RSS feed to Sage, I open it (Alt-S or manually) and click on the magnifier on top of the Sage sidebar. This triggers an automatic search for all available RSS feeds in a separate pop-up window. Choose the desired feed and click on "Add newsfeed".

HTH.

Sonja... See more
You are right here. The Translator resources RSS feed isn't working properly.

I use Sage, too. When I add a new RSS feed to Sage, I open it (Alt-S or manually) and click on the magnifier on top of the Sage sidebar. This triggers an automatic search for all available RSS feeds in a separate pop-up window. Choose the desired feed and click on "Add newsfeed".

HTH.

Sonja
Collapse

Mario Cerutti
Mario Cerutti  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 16:09
Italian to Japanese
+ ...
Thank you, I was mistaken Apr 8, 2005

Sonja Tomaskovic wrote:

Sonja

Thank you for your tip. As a matter of fact, I was not using Sage properly: I could add a couple of feeds now. Let's just hope that non-English fora as well be added soon the RSS feature.

Kind regards

Mario Cerutti

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Non-English Forums have no RSS feed?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »