How can I deactivate mail notifications for forum topics I posted?
Thread poster: Angela Dickson (X)
Angela Dickson (X)
Angela Dickson (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:59
French to English
+ ...
Dec 9, 2004

I didn't know how to make my point in the heading, so I fear that might not have been clear... what I mean is, is there any way to turn OFF the feature whereby one gets e-mail notifications as replies come in to one's own forum posting? Sometimes I would prefer to be able to look at replies to my posting at my own leisure (in the evening, say) so turning off the e-mails would be helpful for me.

Please forgive me if I've missed a feature of the site but I've looked in the 'my setting
... See more
I didn't know how to make my point in the heading, so I fear that might not have been clear... what I mean is, is there any way to turn OFF the feature whereby one gets e-mail notifications as replies come in to one's own forum posting? Sometimes I would prefer to be able to look at replies to my posting at my own leisure (in the evening, say) so turning off the e-mails would be helpful for me.

Please forgive me if I've missed a feature of the site but I've looked in the 'my settings' part and there seems to be no way of doing this.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-12-09 10:56]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-12-09 10:57]
Collapse

Ines Garcia Botana
Ines Garcia Botana  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:59
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hi Angela Jan 27, 2005

Angela Dickson wrote:

Please forgive me if I've missed a feature of the site but I've looked in the 'my settings' part and there seems to be no way of doing this.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-12-09 10:56]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-12-09 10:57]

I think that you should go to your profile, once there to Email preferences, then to Kudoz notifications where you can disable it.

If you can't, let me know I will try to help you in another way.

Cheers,

Inés.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:59
English to German
+ ...
Tracking forum threads Jan 27, 2005

Hi Angela,
Have you tried deactivating the check box in Your Email Tracking / This topic, at the top right of the page (in the thread concerned, of course)?

HTH, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I deactivate mail notifications for forum topics I posted?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »