Off topic: How can I de/unselect a topic
Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 05:18
English to German
+ ...
Nov 28, 2004

Hi1 all! How can I de/unselect a topic. I have entered a topic, but did not check on follow all posters of this topic and update click option or something. Now would like to have an option to de-select now. Is it possible. Regards,Brandis

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 23:18
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Hi Brandis Nov 28, 2004

If I understand what you mean you should go to the topic and select the option you have on the right at the top.
If you want to deselect all the topics of that forum you must go to the main page of that forum and deselect the option.

I'm moving this one to "forums about Proz.com" -> forums.

Claudia

[Edited at 2004-11-28 21:28]

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
- Nov 28, 2004

Hi Brandis,

1) Tracking options for a forum: please go to the forum overview page:
http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/new&action=Overview

You have a 'Track' option to the left of each forum

2) Tracking options for individual threads are in the check-box in the upper right corner of the forum page:

Your Email Tracking
... See more
Hi Brandis,

1) Tracking options for a forum: please go to the forum overview page:
http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/new&action=Overview

You have a 'Track' option to the left of each forum

2) Tracking options for individual threads are in the check-box in the upper right corner of the forum page:

Your Email Tracking
This topic All posts

Please check whatever you need and click the 'update' button.

Hope this helps,
Natalia
Collapse

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
only one or two topics may not be so interesting Nov 28, 2004

HI! I understand what you mean, but if I select "off" on the forum-overview, I would be neglecting all postings in that forum. What I mean is a choice of one or two topics, which do not interest me much. Is there an option here for that! Regards, Brandis

Claudia Iglesias
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
the other way round Nov 28, 2004

in each topic you can decide to track that particular topic if you don't want to track the whole forum.
So you should deselect the forum and chose which topics you want to follow.

Claudia

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
yet I meant something else Nov 28, 2004

Hi! Claudia, I understand perfectly what you mean. When I go to the topic on the top right side of the page I see an option to mark, to get all the continuing posters in my mail. Now I am getting these even without having to mark that box on the top right. Now one or two topics do not interest me much and I didn´t select " follow-up , all posts, in this forum" etc., still I get these. Is there a way to change this, but pertaining to only these one or two topics. I find an option " do not follow... See more
Hi! Claudia, I understand perfectly what you mean. When I go to the topic on the top right side of the page I see an option to mark, to get all the continuing posters in my mail. Now I am getting these even without having to mark that box on the top right. Now one or two topics do not interest me much and I didn´t select " follow-up , all posts, in this forum" etc., still I get these. Is there a way to change this, but pertaining to only these one or two topics. I find an option " do not follow further postings" very useful.
Regards, Brandis
Collapse

Claudia Iglesias
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Well, it seems that we understand each other now Nov 28, 2004

I thought that you were asking how to do what you wanted, but in fact you're asking for a new feature, please suggest it in the suggestions forum.

I don't think it's necessary because we already have all the means to chose to receive or not notifications for all, some or no new posts.

Claudia

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How can I reach this solution Nov 28, 2004

Claudia Iglesias wrote:
"I don't think it's necessary because we already have all the means to chose to receive or not notifications for all, some or no new posts."

Claudia
Hi! Claudia, I felt the necessity for this, it could be only one or two topics in my example, but it could equally be more only two such topics. I felt the necessity for it. I may not have understood or have overseen this facility, using which one could infact reach my kind of a solution. I don´t exactly understand what you mean by "having all the means" I didn´t know where to post it, and so posted here. Do I have to submit an application here, so that this thread can be moved to the right forum! Then I submit now.Regards, Brandis

Claudia Iglesias
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Brandis Nov 29, 2004

Brandis wrote:
HI! I understand what you mean, but if I select "off" on the forum-overview, I would be neglecting all postings in that forum. What I mean is a choice of one or two topics, which do not interest me much. Is there an option here for that! Regards, Brandis

Select off in the forum overview and chose only the topics you want to track.

Claudia

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
an example for tracking on/ off Nov 29, 2004

Hi Claudia, An example would be the Forum "Localization", here generally I follow all topics ( majority), but do not wish to follow a couple of topics (2-3 in my view, that is the minority). If there were a choice of unselecting these 2-3 topics as in the example, I do not have to unselect a whole range of topics in the forum "localization", in order to reselect all the hundreds of topics, I dearly would like to follow, leaving out those 2-3 choice. Is that the solution according to you. Additio... See more
Hi Claudia, An example would be the Forum "Localization", here generally I follow all topics ( majority), but do not wish to follow a couple of topics (2-3 in my view, that is the minority). If there were a choice of unselecting these 2-3 topics as in the example, I do not have to unselect a whole range of topics in the forum "localization", in order to reselect all the hundreds of topics, I dearly would like to follow, leaving out those 2-3 choice. Is that the solution according to you. Additionally also, at any given point of time, if a posting or a discussion is well known to me (or anyone) the choice would be, not to read it or deselect it, as a matter of personal choice. I hope I am more clear now.Regards, BrandisCollapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I de/unselect a topic

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »