Randa Farhat
Randa Farhat  Identity Verified
Lebanon
Local time: 15:32
English to Arabic
+ ...
May 18, 2004

Hello,
May I bring your kind attention to the long time 'Vetting' is taking. It's been over 10 hours since I posted some replies. Although this is not always the case - yet it is, sometimes, in some forums!
I do understand, however, there might be lots of load on moderators to vet and post.
Thank you.

Narasimhan Raghavan
Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:02
English to Tamil
+ ...
In memoriam
Do not forget the time difference either May 19, 2004

The concerned moderator may be in a time zone, where it is beyond waking hours. It does help to remember this too. Your present posting is luckier to escape that point as you should have posted at a time when the moderator is available. Please remember that the moderators are all volunteers having their own busy schedule.
Regards,
N.Raghavan

Sol
Sol  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:32
Spanish to English
+ ...
How come some messages post later than others? May 22, 2004

I've noticed my posts appear between posts that are already there. That is, someone posted after I did, and their post appeared before mine. How does that happen? Were their posts approved first, or is there people who don't have to wait for approval?

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Vetting posts May 22, 2004

Hi Sol

There are two kinds of members who don't need to be vetted, Platinum and VIDed (those whose identity has been verified, look at the FAQ to see how you can have your identity verified).
The other members have a message when they post in the forums that explains that their posting is going to be vetted by a moderator. It's not an automatic procedure, it's 100% human, so...the moderator needs to ba available too. We do our best in order not to let posts too long invisible
... See more
Hi Sol

There are two kinds of members who don't need to be vetted, Platinum and VIDed (those whose identity has been verified, look at the FAQ to see how you can have your identity verified).
The other members have a message when they post in the forums that explains that their posting is going to be vetted by a moderator. It's not an automatic procedure, it's 100% human, so...the moderator needs to ba available too. We do our best in order not to let posts too long invisible.
The reason for this measure is to protect us from cracked software sellers, commercial postings, and postings that don't follow the forum rules.
In a single forum, other posts from un-vided members should appear before yours only if they were posted before.

Claudia
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:32
English to German
+ ...
Postings by Platinum members and VID'ed members are not vetted May 22, 2004

Hi Sol,
Check the Forum Rules:

Postings may be vetted

Postings by platinum members and VID (verified identity) members appear immediately. Postings from non-platinum and non-VID members are vetted. Therefore, there may be a delay between the time a posting is made and the time it becomes visible.

HTH, Ralf

Sol
Sol  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
About getting VIDed, verified May 22, 2004

I looked at the FAQs to see if I could get both VIDed and my credentials verified at the same time, but I don't see how. Shouldn't my identity be automatically verified if I send a copy of my diploma in the mail or by fax? What does the $5 payment with a credit card accomplish? What does it entitle me to (besides the check mark)? Couldn't I just mail a check with the copy of my diploma? Is there a charge for credential verification too? I am sorry to ask so many questions, I can't find all th... See more
I looked at the FAQs to see if I could get both VIDed and my credentials verified at the same time, but I don't see how. Shouldn't my identity be automatically verified if I send a copy of my diploma in the mail or by fax? What does the $5 payment with a credit card accomplish? What does it entitle me to (besides the check mark)? Couldn't I just mail a check with the copy of my diploma? Is there a charge for credential verification too? I am sorry to ask so many questions, I can't find all the answers in the FAQs. Thanks.Collapse

Sol
Sol  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
No body knows the answer? It's been several days since I asked. May 25, 2004

Sol wrote:

I looked at the FAQs to see if I could get both VIDed and my credentials verified at the same time, but I don't see how. Shouldn't my identity be automatically verified if I send a copy of my diploma in the mail or by fax? What does the $5 payment with a credit card accomplish? What does it entitle me to (besides the check mark)? Couldn't I just mail a check with the copy of my diploma? Is there a charge for credential verification too? I am sorry to ask so many questions, I can't find all the answers in the FAQs. Thanks.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:32
English to German
+ ...
Submit a Support Request May 25, 2004

Hi Sol,
It's possible that ProZ.com staff could accommodate your special requests - but please remember that this is not a support forum. I suggest that you submit a Support Request.

Best regards, Ralf

Sol
Sol  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Questions are not special requests May 25, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Sol,
It's possible that ProZ.com staff could accommodate your special requests - but please remember that this is not a support forum. I suggest that you submit a Support Request.

Best regards, Ralf

Thank-you for answering, Ralf. I did't think I was requesting anything special. I only asked a couple of simple questions. I can't believe I am the only person who's ever wanted to get credentials AND identification verified in one shot.

The reason I posted it in the forum instead of sending a private support request is so other people could benefit with the answer. I think this information should be included in the FAQs, and I am not saying it isn't, but if it is, I need some one to point it out to me, I can't find it.

gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 09:32
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Some explanations on Credential and Identity Verification... May 25, 2004

Sol wrote:
I looked at the FAQs to see if I could get both VIDed and my credentials verified at the same time, but I don't see how.

VID by Credit Card is processed by Cathy, working in the US office (she is charge of the administration), while normally the Credentials are verified by me, sitting in the UK, and without access to the Credit Card details.

Sol wrote:
Shouldn't my identity be automatically verified if I send a copy of my diploma in the mail or by fax?

The procedures for having the identity verified is described in the FAQ page, but it has nothing in common with the Credentials verification.

Sol wrote:
What does the $5 payment with a credit card accomplish?

ProZ.com, trusting the identity verification performed by the bank issuing the card, considers a match between the name on the card and the name on the profile, as sufficient proof that the profile owner is the person that he/she declares to be.

Sol wrote:
What does it entitle me to (besides the check mark)?

They VID checkmark it implies a different level of trust by the site and by other members, potential customers, etc...
For example, a BlueBoard rating accompanied by a verified identity carries more weight than a comment posted by an anonymous or non identified profile.
Access to the site forums is immediate, without requiring any vetting by a moderator. Other ProZ.com features have been already, or will be increasingly made available with different degrees of access to VID members.

Couldn't I just mail a check with the copy of my diploma?

You can mail yuour diploma, to verify your credentials. Probably it is better to scan and send them electronically.
Cashing an international cheque is very expensive, and VID by cheque is not listed as an approved method.
If you have no Credit Card, you can participate to a PowWow.

Is there a charge for credential verification too?

No. There is no real charge for the VID either.
The nominal payment is only to have a transaction. A Platinum membership, or a software purchase, if they are made using a "personal" credit card (having the same name on card and profile), are also sufficient to have the VID mark.
Just request for it, without any further payments, not even the 5$.

I hope to have asnwered all your questions, and perhaps these explanations may help other readers to understand the two procedures.

Gianfranco
ProZ.com Team

Sol
Sol  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Thanks! May 25, 2004

Thank-you Gianfranco,
for such a detailed explanation. I am sure it will help other ProZies as well.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Postings may be vetted (long hours)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »