How come the "Last post" column shows the name of someone who was not the last to post?
Thread poster: Sol
Sol
Sol  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:32
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 2, 2004

How come the "Last post" column shows the name of someone who was not the last to post? Could it be a submission that hasn't been aproved yet?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-05-02 21:31]

two2tango
two2tango  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 01:32
English to Spanish
+ ...
You're right May 2, 2004

Sol wrote:

How come the "Last post" column shows the name of someone who was not the last to post? Could it be a submission that hasn't been aproved yet?

Hi Sol,

The system will show the name of the last poster, even though the posting was not approved yet, and is therefore not visible.

Cheers,
Enrique

Sol
Sol  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
that's confusing May 2, 2004

Well, I find that confusing. First, because I keep trying to see the post and it's not there, but I know nothing will change when it is. Second, because I really don't know in which thread the post was posted.

I think the last poster's name should appear at the thread level, not at the forum level, and maybe change color until it is actually posted.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
Thanks, we'll fix it May 2, 2004

Thank you for pointing out this bug. We will correct it.

Sol
Sol  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still same name, no post May 3, 2004

Henry, the forum "KudoZ / KudoZ.NET (Henry)" has had "Natalie" as "Last Poster" for 2 days now, and I still don't see the post.

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
Should be fixed now May 3, 2004

This should be fixed now. Thanks for the bug report.

Regards,

Jason

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How come the "Last post" column shows the name of someone who was not the last to post?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »