Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 10:52
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Apr 19, 2011

When I initiate a thread I will get e-mail notifications of all postings. But it should be possible to de-select e-mail tracking. Often the initial poster has lost already interest but the discussion goes on and on and every time a mail drops in.
Could that be fixed, please?

Kate Chaffer
Kate Chaffer
Italy
Local time: 09:52
Member (2009)
Italian to English
Uncheck the box Apr 19, 2011

Go to the thread in question. On the right-hand side there is a box called Email tracking. Uncheck the box next to All Posts then click Save Changes.

Heinrich Pesch
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hope it helps Apr 19, 2011

It should read "Stop e-mail tracking". Don't you thing so?

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Forum settings Apr 19, 2011

Hello Heinrich,

As Kate says, you can stop tracking a specific forum thread by de-selecting the checkbox next to "This topic" in the 'Email tracking' box available to the right of all forum threads.

Or else, you can simply stop tracking a thread by de-selecting the checkbox
... See more
Hello Heinrich,

As Kate says, you can stop tracking a specific forum thread by de-selecting the checkbox next to "This topic" in the 'Email tracking' box available to the right of all forum threads.

Or else, you can simply stop tracking a thread by de-selecting the checkbox next to it in the forum settings section, http://www.proz.com/dashboard/forum/?sp_forum_mode=tracking_threads

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Lucía
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It was not checked Apr 19, 2011

That's what irritates me. The box was unchecked, but I get e-mail all the time. Now I checked the box, and let's see what happens now.

Heinrich Pesch
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
This is unchecked too Apr 19, 2011

This thread should be selected for e-mail notification when I view it, but it is not. So there is a bug in the system.

Jaroslaw Michalak
Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 09:52
Member (2004)
English to Polish
SITE LOCALIZER
Topic starter Apr 19, 2011

When you start a topic, you always get notifications, no need to turn on tracking (or way to turn it off). I believe it is a feature and not a bug, as it has been discussed before.

If you feel the discussion has went completely off-topic, you might notify the moderator and ask to lock it down, as it is specifically forbidden (not that I am a fan of that rule).

Heinrich Pesch
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Logically Apr 19, 2011

If you start a thread, notification is on and the box for e-mail notification is unchecked. So if I want to stop the e-mail, I cannot uncheck the box, because it is unchecked.
If I select the box, e-mail stops, and the thread appears on the dashboard.
To my logic it should be the other way round.

Now I have set a checkmark for one of my threads, and only that thread appea
... See more
If you start a thread, notification is on and the box for e-mail notification is unchecked. So if I want to stop the e-mail, I cannot uncheck the box, because it is unchecked.
If I select the box, e-mail stops, and the thread appears on the dashboard.
To my logic it should be the other way round.

Now I have set a checkmark for one of my threads, and only that thread appears under http://www.proz.com/dashboard/forum/?sp_forum_mode=tracking_threads
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to stop tracking forum threads

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »