Thread poster: Narasimhan Raghavan
Narasimhan Raghavan
Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:26
English to Tamil
+ ...
In memoriam
Dec 23, 2003

Postings by non-platinum members are subject to vetting by a moderator. Nothing wrong in that and in fact it is quite in our inetrest. In that way one is not embarrassed by the fact of having posted something unacceptable.
But one request remains. Is it possible to preview our postings? In that way we can see it in relation to other postings in the concerned thread to which we are reacting. If necessary we can edit them before submitting the posting for vetting. This preview may be visible
... See more
Postings by non-platinum members are subject to vetting by a moderator. Nothing wrong in that and in fact it is quite in our inetrest. In that way one is not embarrassed by the fact of having posted something unacceptable.
But one request remains. Is it possible to preview our postings? In that way we can see it in relation to other postings in the concerned thread to which we are reacting. If necessary we can edit them before submitting the posting for vetting. This preview may be visible only to the person posting the thread in question.
Otherwise I have to wait till it is posted and more often than not I have to edit to remove minor mistakes and add points that have been omitted. All the references to editing in my threads are as a result of such post-corrections.
Regards,
N.Raghavan
Collapse

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:56
English to German
+ ...
Good idea. Dec 23, 2003

I know this option exists in other forums and is very often quite helpful, as it allows for a last checking before submitting a posting.

Sonja

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Yes, please! May 4, 2004

This is something I've been dearly missing, especially when dealing with BBcode and/or smileys.

Endre Both
Endre Both  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
Preview of forum postings is on ProZ's todo list May 4, 2004

This feature is already on ProZ's todo list, although its introduction may not be imminent, given the programming work it requires.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. Don't forget that you can edit your postings as soon as they appear, so that you can make corrections at least after the fact.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can there be a preview option?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »