Lost forum thread (about the Quick Poll)
Thread poster: Jocelyne S
Jocelyne S
Jocelyne S  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:30
French to English
+ ...
Feb 5, 2010

I've just noticed that the thread related to changes to the Quick Poll seems to have disappeared from the forum page.

The thread is here:
http://www.proz.com/forum/social_networking/156244-beta_new_quick_poll_commenting_feature_with_social_network_support.html

Do others see it on the
... See more
I've just noticed that the thread related to changes to the Quick Poll seems to have disappeared from the forum page.

The thread is here:
http://www.proz.com/forum/social_networking/156244-beta_new_quick_poll_commenting_feature_with_social_network_support.html

Do others see it on the forum page?

Best,
Jocelyne

Edited for a typo

[Edited at 2010-02-05 08:32 GMT]
Collapse

Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
I can't see it either - it seems to have disappeared. Feb 5, 2010

Unfortunately it now seems to be standard practice that any discussion that is (or becomes) overly-critical of Proz policy or practices is "disappeared" from the "most recent posts" page.

writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
It's out of sight Feb 5, 2010

I just changed my home page forum settings to include the Social Networking forum. But the page has disappeared from the recent forum postings. As Marie-Hélène says, this now seems to be standard practice when a discussion starts to express too much criticism. On a more optimistic note, it IS still visible if one clicks on the Social Networking forum. In any case, the danger of stumbling upon the discussion just by glancing at the recent forum postings has indeed been removed.
... See more
I just changed my home page forum settings to include the Social Networking forum. But the page has disappeared from the recent forum postings. As Marie-Hélène says, this now seems to be standard practice when a discussion starts to express too much criticism. On a more optimistic note, it IS still visible if one clicks on the Social Networking forum. In any case, the danger of stumbling upon the discussion just by glancing at the recent forum postings has indeed been removed.
Collapse

Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:30
French to English
It's back Feb 5, 2010

I haven't bothered to log in until now today, and all appears to be as it was yesterday. The thread is in my (unchanged) home page list of the latest forum activity.

writeaway
French to English
+ ...
It is back. Feb 5, 2010

I also see it on my home page now. That's great news. Thank you to whoever returned it.

Laurent KRAULAND (X)
Laurent KRAULAND (X)  Identity Verified
France
French to German
+ ...
LGM? Feb 5, 2010

writeaway wrote:

I also see it on my home page now. That's great news. Thank you to whoever returned it.

writeaway
French to English
+ ...
LGM? Feb 5, 2010

Laurent KRAULAND wrote:

writeaway wrote:

Hi Laurent,
Does LGM stand for one of these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGM ?

Jocelyne S
Jocelyne S  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, thanks! Feb 5, 2010

That's a nice surprise for a Friday afternoon. Thank you.

Best,
Jocelyne

Laurent KRAULAND (X)
Laurent KRAULAND (X)  Identity Verified
France
French to German
+ ...
Choice 2 ;) Feb 5, 2010

writeaway wrote:

Hi Laurent,
Does LGM stand for one of these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGM ?

Bob Kerns (X)
Bob Kerns (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
LGM get blamed for too much! Feb 5, 2010

Not all LGM are malicious LGM!

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:30
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Abbreviations can be confusing Feb 5, 2010

I hadn't come across LGM, but having read the link, I shall know what it means in future.

I have just done a job including a list of the members of a commission of inquiry. The abbreviation against one member's name was ОАД. The only expansion of this I could find at first was острый алькогольный делирий - acute alcoholic delirium! Not much of a qualification for membership of a commission.

[Edited at 2010-02-05 17:09 GMT]

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Another lost thread Nov 20, 2010

I have just posted a reply to this thread:
http://www.proz.com/forum/site_forums/185684-trolls_on_proz.html

and although is is visible in that forum, it is nowhere to be seen on the recent forum list (it should have appeared at 12.51 GMT).

This thread mysteriously disappeared from the recent page yesterday lunchtime and despite being assure
... See more
I have just posted a reply to this thread:
http://www.proz.com/forum/site_forums/185684-trolls_on_proz.html

and although is is visible in that forum, it is nowhere to be seen on the recent forum list (it should have appeared at 12.51 GMT).

This thread mysteriously disappeared from the recent page yesterday lunchtime and despite being assured by site support that it was indeed visible, I cannot see it.

Can anyone confirm if it is on their recent forum posting page?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Lost forum thread (about the Quick Poll)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »