Thread poster: Steven Smith
Steven Smith
Steven Smith
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:22
Member (2007)
Japanese to English
Feb 4, 2010

Further to my previous topic, can anyone tell me if there are any potential problems in setting up an autoresponder to messages from Proz? This would obviously be directed at human beings requesting quotes, etc., but (in my case at least) it would also respond to kudoz, job notifications, etc, as the same address has to be used for all messages from proz.

Apart from not wanting to generate unnecessary email traffic, I wonder if all these automatic responses could result in Proz sus
... See more
Further to my previous topic, can anyone tell me if there are any potential problems in setting up an autoresponder to messages from Proz? This would obviously be directed at human beings requesting quotes, etc., but (in my case at least) it would also respond to kudoz, job notifications, etc, as the same address has to be used for all messages from proz.

Apart from not wanting to generate unnecessary email traffic, I wonder if all these automatic responses could result in Proz suspending the sending of messages to my email address? (Obviously I know nothing about these things, which is why I ask!)

Steven
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 02:22
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Bounce handler Feb 4, 2010

Steven F Smith wrote:
Can anyone tell me if there are any potential problems in setting up an autoresponder to messages from Proz?

I doubt it. The reply-to address of such posts is [email protected], which is likely a black hole.

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:22
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Profile settings? Feb 4, 2010

I'm not sure I understand what you want, but if it is limiting the traffic you get from ProZ.com, the trick would be to modify the settings in your profile to only receive those types of notifications you want. To modify your settings, click on the Settings tab at the top of your profile, then, in the column to your left, select (1) the KudoZ Dashboard and (2) the Jobs Dashboard.

HTH

Stéphanie Soudais
Stéphanie Soudais  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:22
English to French
A bit OT:previous topic? Feb 4, 2010

Steven F Smith wrote:

Further to my previous topic

Steven

I hope that I'm not the only one who doesn't read every new thread. Maybe you could add a link to that thread?

Stéphanie

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:22
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
What I do when I go on vacation Feb 4, 2010

Steven,
When I go on vacation, or unavailable for a period long enough to warrant it, I set up an autoresponder on my email account.
At the same time I disable ProZ notifications (KudoZ, Jobs, etc.) on my Profile page.
I use the top On/Off switch on the KudoZ dashboard, the same on the Jobs dashboard, and also on the Forum dashboard. I don't need to change any of the detailed settings, it is just the On/Off setting that does the trick. When I am back, I turn them back on.
... See more
Steven,
When I go on vacation, or unavailable for a period long enough to warrant it, I set up an autoresponder on my email account.
At the same time I disable ProZ notifications (KudoZ, Jobs, etc.) on my Profile page.
I use the top On/Off switch on the KudoZ dashboard, the same on the Jobs dashboard, and also on the Forum dashboard. I don't need to change any of the detailed settings, it is just the On/Off setting that does the trick. When I am back, I turn them back on.
It works well for me.
Perhaps this is what you need?
Katalin
Collapse

Steven Smith
Steven Smith
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:22
Member (2007)
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks... Feb 4, 2010

Samuel Murray wrote:

Steven F Smith wrote:
Can anyone tell me if there are any potential problems in setting up an autoresponder to messages from Proz?

I doubt it. The reply-to address of such posts is [email protected], which is likely a black hole.

...for answering my question.

S

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Autoresponders and proz

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »