Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:51
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Oct 5, 2009

I switched on this evening and found mine had been reversed! The only ones I had asked to be excluded were those concerning CAT tools. I found all the forum topics listed on the home page were about CAT tools, nothing else! I went to the page for customizing forum topic selections, and found only CAT tool topics and one or two other odd ones such as Translation in Canada and Translation in Uruguay were ticked. I reset my requirements and everything is now back to normal.

Also po
... See more
I switched on this evening and found mine had been reversed! The only ones I had asked to be excluded were those concerning CAT tools. I found all the forum topics listed on the home page were about CAT tools, nothing else! I went to the page for customizing forum topic selections, and found only CAT tool topics and one or two other odd ones such as Translation in Canada and Translation in Uruguay were ticked. I reset my requirements and everything is now back to normal.

Also posted this in Bugs forum but it didn't appear on the home page! Hope this does.
Collapse

Ioanna Orfanoudaki
Ioanna Orfanoudaki  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 08:51
French to Greek
+ ...
Thanks Jack Oct 5, 2009

I had just noticed this bug but couldn't figure out how to fix it and had never been in that secret part of the proz.com planet, the forum topic settings... I was just taking for granted that all the threads appeared on my homepage screen until they were ejected by the latest ones... Now I know! (though I'd rather i didn't have to tick so many boxes manually in the future....)

Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
French to English
Same here Oct 5, 2009

It was fine this morning. Logged in again this evening, and very much not fine. Almost, but not quite, a mirror image of what I believed my settings were (i.e. stuff I would definitely NOT have selected was selected; stuff I definitely did have selected was not; some I can't be sure about). Interestingly, the text in the header still said that my foreign language forum selected was French - needless to say, that had actually been deselected for me... See more
It was fine this morning. Logged in again this evening, and very much not fine. Almost, but not quite, a mirror image of what I believed my settings were (i.e. stuff I would definitely NOT have selected was selected; stuff I definitely did have selected was not; some I can't be sure about). Interestingly, the text in the header still said that my foreign language forum selected was French - needless to say, that had actually been deselected for meCollapse

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
I had the same problem Oct 5, 2009

All the forums which I am not particularly interested in were suddenly listed on the homepage. When I checked my settings, they had all been exactly reversed. I have fixed it now, of course.

I have brought the matter to the attention of staff.

[Edited at 2009-10-05 21:03 GMT]

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 01:51
Spanish
+ ...
Thank you Jack Oct 5, 2009

I didn't see your post because all my forum selections had been reversed. I submitted a support ticket but your advice was more helpful.

Cheers,

Claudia

Ivette Camargo López
Ivette Camargo López  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Weird... Oct 6, 2009

I just checked the forums, too, and I realized the same reverse forum selection problem.

I guess some naughty technical gremlin has been playing with our forum settings.

Good that you made a public comment about this, Jack. I always think that in these cases it's best to let the problem be known by everyone, instead of just sending a support ticket.

MelissiM
MelissiM
Italy
Ditto! Oct 6, 2009

Me too! I thought I made some mistake, but clearly it's not my fault, this time...
Cris

Alan Johnson
Alan Johnson  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
FWIW Oct 6, 2009

This has happened to me in the past, although not recently.

RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Problem should be solved now. Oct 6, 2009

Hi All,

Thanks for reporting this. The problem should be solved now. You should see the forums you have selected on your forum dashboard listed on the homepage now.

If anyone else experiences a problem, please submit a support request.

Thanks

Romina

Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 00:51
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Suggestion Oct 6, 2009

I suggest an "All forums" box to check it and get faster updates rather than manually...

Claire Cox
Claire Cox
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
Same here, Oct 11th, so still not fixed? Oct 11, 2009

Hello,

I've noticed for the past few days that the topics appearing on the homepage forum list were of no interest to me whatsoever, but had not time to investigate until now. I've just gone into Customize forums to discover that all my choices were reversed, eg. all languages apart from my chosen languages were checked, the wrong CAT tools were selected... I've had to go through and manually deselect everything, then reselect the ones I wanted. Only then did I see Jack's post of Oc
... See more
Hello,

I've noticed for the past few days that the topics appearing on the homepage forum list were of no interest to me whatsoever, but had not time to investigate until now. I've just gone into Customize forums to discover that all my choices were reversed, eg. all languages apart from my chosen languages were checked, the wrong CAT tools were selected... I've had to go through and manually deselect everything, then reselect the ones I wanted. Only then did I see Jack's post of Oct 6 reporting the same problem. I've submitted a support request because the problem evidently isn't fixed, although hopefully my choices will now stay as I've set them.

Claire
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Check your homepage forum topic settings

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »