No more "Immediate forum posting for Platinum members" ?
Thread poster: chance (X)
chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
Sep 19, 2003

I posted a message in Chinese Forum and I got the message :

"Your message has been stored in the database.
Note: Your message will be reviewed by a moderator before it is made visible."

But this does not happen in other forums.

[Edited at 2003-09-19 11:33]

Magda Dziadosz
Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 15:45
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Everything works as it should Sep 19, 2003

Your post was automatically held for veting because it contains an external link to the job listing. Forum is not a place for job placement, that is why the system required vetting. You may like to edit your post and remove the link.

Hope this helps!
Magda
Community Area Co-ordinator

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I see now. Thank you, Magda ! Sep 19, 2003

As you can see, the “job” announce is as follow:

Title: Manual – Poor English

We are looking for an Italian freelancer to translate from American (?) English a technical manual for a printer that can also work as a scanner and fax.
The English translation is a very poor one; if you can understand Chinese (or can get any help from a Chinese colleague) we can also send you the original manual in Chinese as a . pdf file, which is supposedly better.

I just want to raise an alarm against poor translation. That is why I posted it under the topic “Bad translation”.

Thank you for the explanation.

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
One more question Sep 19, 2003

I posted another message in Chinese Forum and I got again the message :

The only URL I put in is : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wordfast/
Where we can find some help to use Wordfast.

I wonder why the same URL does not nee
... See more
I posted another message in Chinese Forum and I got again the message :

The only URL I put in is : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wordfast/
Where we can find some help to use Wordfast.

I wonder why the same URL does not need to be reviewed in this forum ?

[Edited at 2003-09-19 14:35]
Collapse

Magda Dziadosz
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Obviously.. Sep 19, 2003

this time it was not the url which triggered the robot...

Magda

[Edited at 2003-09-19 19:36]

Bob Kerns (X)
Bob Kerns (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
Many postings with a reference to products appear to be vetted Sep 19, 2003

I have made several forum postings related to W***fast and they didn't appear on ProZ for several hours so I assume that they were vetted.
What is more annoying is that when someone makes such a posting in a thread which I am tracking I get a mail telling me that there's a new posting in the thread but when I follow the link for it the new posting isn't there yet, presumably because it's being vetted.
It would be better if the notification mail didn't go out until the vetting is comp
... See more
I have made several forum postings related to W***fast and they didn't appear on ProZ for several hours so I assume that they were vetted.
What is more annoying is that when someone makes such a posting in a thread which I am tracking I get a mail telling me that there's a new posting in the thread but when I follow the link for it the new posting isn't there yet, presumably because it's being vetted.
It would be better if the notification mail didn't go out until the vetting is complete.
Collapse

Magda Dziadosz
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Bob, Sep 19, 2003

Have you tried to refresh the page after you followed the link?
It happened to me as well and I found out that my computer was using cashed copy of a forum page without any new posts. After refreshing they all appeared!

HTH
Magda

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 09:45
SITE STAFF
Messages with suspected advertising must be vetted Sep 19, 2003

Just to confirm what you all seem to have figured out already:

Messages that look like they might be advertising will not be publicly visible until they have been vetted by a moderator, even if they were posted by a platinum or VIDed member.

Email notifications for messages that must be vetted are not sent out until the message has been vetted. Bob, the problem you are experiencing may be due to a browser caching problem, as Magda suggests. Alternatively, you may have
... See more
Just to confirm what you all seem to have figured out already:

Messages that look like they might be advertising will not be publicly visible until they have been vetted by a moderator, even if they were posted by a platinum or VIDed member.

Email notifications for messages that must be vetted are not sent out until the message has been vetted. Bob, the problem you are experiencing may be due to a browser caching problem, as Magda suggests. Alternatively, you may have received notification of a post that ended up being removed by a moderator before you got a chance to see it.

I hope this helps clear things up.

Regards,

jg
Collapse

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I do not understand why the word "Wordfast" should be vetted ? Sep 20, 2003

As you know, many of us use it as a CAT tool, so it should be legitimate to discuss about its use in the forum. By the way, I bought the Wordfast license through Proz.com.

One more question, Why the same message with the same word "Wordfast" at almost the same time is not vetted in this forum ?

Have a nice weekend.

[Edited
... See more
As you know, many of us use it as a CAT tool, so it should be legitimate to discuss about its use in the forum. By the way, I bought the Wordfast license through Proz.com.

One more question, Why the same message with the same word "Wordfast" at almost the same time is not vetted in this forum ?

Have a nice weekend.

[Edited at 2003-09-20 03:12]
Collapse

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 09:45
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
You're right chance Sep 20, 2003

It shouldn't have to be vetted if all the people were like you and me.
The problem is that the forums and the jobs Area have been used to offer cracked tools or to advertise for commercial sites.

That's the reason why Proz has had to put a filter system.
Now, for the question about a different treatment for the same post in different forums, vetting is the responsability of the forum moderator and depends on his / her availability. Jason has worked hard in improving a no
... See more
It shouldn't have to be vetted if all the people were like you and me.
The problem is that the forums and the jobs Area have been used to offer cracked tools or to advertise for commercial sites.

That's the reason why Proz has had to put a filter system.
Now, for the question about a different treatment for the same post in different forums, vetting is the responsability of the forum moderator and depends on his / her availability. Jason has worked hard in improving a notifications system in order to let know the moderators by e-mail that there's a post waiting to be vetted.

If you think that it has been unvetted for too longtime, please give the link and we'll enquire.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No more "Immediate forum posting for Platinum members" ?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »