Immediate forum posting for VIDed members
Thread poster: Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 20:39
SITE STAFF
Sep 9, 2003

Forum postings by members with verified identities now show up immediately in most cases, without having to be vetted by a moderator. The exception to this is that posts the system suspects to be advertising must be vetted, regardless of who posted them. Other recent changes intended to make moderators' lives a little easier should help to increase the speed with which posts are vetted.

To learn more about the verified identity prog
... See more
Forum postings by members with verified identities now show up immediately in most cases, without having to be vetted by a moderator. The exception to this is that posts the system suspects to be advertising must be vetted, regardless of who posted them. Other recent changes intended to make moderators' lives a little easier should help to increase the speed with which posts are vetted.

To learn more about the verified identity program, have a look at this page:

http://www.proz.com/?sp=vid_application&viewPage=faq

Regards,

jg
Collapse

Yongmei Liu
Yongmei Liu  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:39
English to Chinese
+ ...
I was VIDed once Sep 10, 2003

Then I changed the style of my name - from "Yongmei Liu, Mr." to "Yongmei Liu" - and I lost the verification.

How do I get it back, short of coming down to your office to present my identification?

Thanks.

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
How where you VIDed the first time? Sep 10, 2003

Hi Yongmei

If you were VIDed by somebody authorized to VID who met you in person, the same person can VID you again.
Have a look at the link given by Jason and you'll find all the ways to be VIDed.

VIDing means that your identity has been checked, so if you change it, all the process must be done again.

Yongmei Liu
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
Well I was a Plat. member for 2002 Sep 10, 2003

And the VID check mark remained with me until I changed the form of address only.

Claudia Iglesias wrote:

Hi Yongmei

VIDing means that your identity has been checked, so if you change it, all the process must be done again.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:39
English to German
+ ...
Username and name fields must remain unchanged to maintain VID Sep 10, 2003

Hi Yongmei
And the VID check mark remained with me until I changed the form of address only.

The personal data page does not provide a "Mr/Ms" distinction, so I take it the "Mr" was in one of your name fields, presumably following your family name. As it states on the top of that page, "If you change any of the information marked in bold, your verification will no longer be valid. You can only change the non-bold fields. If you do need to change information that is bold, you will need to re-apply for verification, which may not be done within 6 months of your last verification."

All you need to do is to reapply.

Best regards, Ralf

[Edited at 2003-09-10 19:42]

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Yongmei, your identity is re-verified Sep 10, 2003

Yongmei,

I have re-verified your identity. As Claudia and Ralf have noted, if you change your name in your profile in the future and need to have your identity re-verified, you simply need to submit a VID application:

http://www.proz.com/?sp=vid_application

Regards,

jg

Yongmei Liu
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
But I still don't see a check mark ... Sep 11, 2003

Giving it a try ...

Hope it works ...

And thanks for all your help and others' ...

Jason Grimes wrote:

Yongmei,

I have re-verified your identity. As Claudia and Ralf have noted, if you change your name in your profile in the future and need to have your identity re-verified, you simply need to submit a VID application:

Regards,

jg

Yongmei Liu
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
WOW I feel EMPOWERED ... THANKS Sep 11, 2003

Yongmei Liu wrote:

Giving it a try ...

Hope it works ...

And thanks for all your help and others' ...

Jason Grimes wrote:

Yongmei,

Regards,

jg

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Immediate forum posting for VIDed members

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »