Aniello Scognamiglio (X)
Aniello Scognamiglio (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:27
English to German
+ ...
I second that. Mar 17, 2009

Enrique wrote:

I think post titles add legibility to threads.

Absolutely!

Thanks, italengger.

[Edited at 2009-03-17 16:28 GMT]

Kevin Lossner
Kevin Lossner  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 00:27
German to English
+ ...
Let's eliminate body text, too, while we're at it so nobody can be offended ;-) Mar 21, 2009

Enrique wrote:
I think post titles add legibility to threads and are useful for notifications... Besides they are part of an interface our members are familiar with.

A part of the interface similar to chapter titles in a sense. Getting rid of chapter titles makes about as much sense as inserting Google ads between the posts. Less actually. Those who feel finger-tied when they are asked to type a post title can always just hit a random character to demonstrate their originality and ability to capture a passing reader's interest

Arnaud HERVE
Arnaud HERVE  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:27
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ads Mar 24, 2009

If and only if Google ads are necessary, I think they would be better placed horizontally as message lines than elsewhere on the sides.

It doesn't disturb my reading.

Kevin Lossner wrote:
Those who feel finger-tied when they are asked to type a post title can always just hit a random character to demonstrate their originality and ability to capture a passing re... See more
If and only if Google ads are necessary, I think they would be better placed horizontally as message lines than elsewhere on the sides.

It doesn't disturb my reading.

Kevin Lossner wrote:
Those who feel finger-tied when they are asked to type a post title can always just hit a random character to demonstrate their originality and ability to capture a passing reader's interest

A random character would pollute the interface much less than a would-be ironic and unnecessarily long title, capturing a passing reader's interest with the wrong intention of destroying meaning rather than informing.

[Edited at 2009-03-24 00:29 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Remove posts titles to clean the interface

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »