ProZ.com Tips and Tricks - Did you know?
Thread poster: CHENOUMI (X)
CHENOUMI (X)
CHENOUMI (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Jul 31, 2003

Did you know that by clicking on the left bottom of this page http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewrecent, there's a hyperlink (on top of the folders' legend) that takes you right to the New Posting page?

Well, that was my recent discovery.
Meanwhile, I still don't know how some of you can come up with links and topics already buried years ago....
See more
Did you know that by clicking on the left bottom of this page http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewrecent, there's a hyperlink (on top of the folders' legend) that takes you right to the New Posting page?

Well, that was my recent discovery.
Meanwhile, I still don't know how some of you can come up with links and topics already buried years ago.

Do you mind sharing some handy shortcuts and good search tips on the site, as well.

TIA
SJ¢¾
Collapse

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 12:04
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Thanks Sandra Jul 31, 2003

How did you find that page?

I didn't know it existed

Now it will go to my favourites

Victoria Jordán
Victoria Jordán  Identity Verified
German to Spanish
+ ...
Where is it? Jul 31, 2003

Thank you for your discovery Chenoumi.

Where is the hyperlink? On the left bottom of that page I can only see this:'Site Map'.

What does it look like? I can't find it.

Victoria

CHENOUMI (X)
CHENOUMI (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Random Access Discovery Jul 31, 2003

Victoria Jordán wrote:

Thank you for your discovery Chenoumi.

Where is the hyperlink? Victoria

Yes, on the left bottom where the folders are. [ OPEN and red folder = New Post; With padlock = LOCKED ]. Point your mouse there, it will turn into a hyperlink and will direct you to the page where to select a New Topic.

This shortcut saves you two steps: 1) going back to the home page and 2) Click there to post a new topic.
Do not expect to find an url at the bottom page! That's the beauty of it: it lays there, in your face... a true Random Access Discovery, but a hidden and unsuspected shortcut!

Am I being clear? It's so simple though...

Gayle Wallimann
Gayle Wallimann  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:04
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
It doesn't work for me Jul 31, 2003

For some reason, the link doesn't work for me. I click on new posts and it directs me to a page that asks me what language I want to view.

lien
lien
Netherlands
English to French
+ ...
If you Aug 1, 2003

click on the page number of the topic you go straight to this page, sometimes there are 5 pages, you clik on 5 et voila.

Lien

lien
lien
Netherlands
English to French
+ ...
On your home page of Proz Aug 1, 2003

Gayle Wallimann wrote:

For some reason, the link doesn't work for me. I click on new posts and it directs me to a page that asks me what language I want to view.

You scroll to the end of the homepage and onder new forums topics you have :"see additionals new topics" to click.

Lien

lien
lien
Netherlands
English to French
+ ...
search Aug 2, 2003

CHENOUMI wrote:
Meanwhile, I still don't know how some of you can come up with links and topics already buried years ago.

home page, click home above in the drop out menu, search. When you open, you can look for in different parts of Proz about anything and it comes nicely with all the posts in which the search word is.

Lien

Thierry LOTTE
Thierry LOTTE  Identity Verified
Member (2001)
English to French
+ ...
NICE TRICK Aug 11, 2003

Nice trick Chenoumi !
Thanks for it !

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.com Tips and Tricks - Did you know?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »