How does it all work for new comers? (ProZ.com, KudoZ, getting jobs)
Thread poster: NadezhdaMuraeva
NadezhdaMuraeva
NadezhdaMuraeva
Russian Federation
Russian to English
+ ...
Jan 25, 2009

Wishing all the best for the collegues in our mutual work I need a piece of advice from you. I have recently registered in this site and want to undersand some basic issues, for example such as how can I really get an order if till now I am not yet an authorized member or have earned Kudoz point (is there any chance to try right now or I have to spend hours here for answering Kudoz questions and pay money for becoming a member?). The next question is the form of payment for translation, what is... See more
Wishing all the best for the collegues in our mutual work I need a piece of advice from you. I have recently registered in this site and want to undersand some basic issues, for example such as how can I really get an order if till now I am not yet an authorized member or have earned Kudoz point (is there any chance to try right now or I have to spend hours here for answering Kudoz questions and pay money for becoming a member?). The next question is the form of payment for translation, what is the best method of payment I should agree with Customer or there a uniform method? I never dealt with translations through Internet not seeing my potential customers, that is why I have some doubts about how to start. If you can, please, give me some tips or tell me how you started. Thanks in advance. Nadia.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-01-26 11:06 GMT]
Collapse

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 15:05
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Take a look around Jan 26, 2009

First, welcome to ProZ.com, Nadia!

ProZ.com is a complex site, with a lot of information to offer. It takes some time to get acquainted with its various facets.

My advice would be to start with the Translation Articles, under the Community tab above, starting with the excellent http://www.proz.com/doc/596 written by Jason Grimes.

Take a look around, search the fora, read
... See more
First, welcome to ProZ.com, Nadia!

ProZ.com is a complex site, with a lot of information to offer. It takes some time to get acquainted with its various facets.

My advice would be to start with the Translation Articles, under the Community tab above, starting with the excellent http://www.proz.com/doc/596 written by Jason Grimes.

Take a look around, search the fora, read the FAQs under the About tab, and you'll soon get your bearings.

All the best!

Nancy
Collapse

NadezhdaMuraeva
NadezhdaMuraeva
Russian Federation
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Good advice Jan 27, 2009

Thank you Nancy, this article seems very useful indeed and thank you for giving me a reply, sometimes good advice is very helpful!Best regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How does it all work for new comers? (ProZ.com, KudoZ, getting jobs)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »