"Most Recent Posts"
Thread poster: Barnaby Capel-Dunn
Barnaby Capel-Dunn
Barnaby Capel-Dunn  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:34
French to English
Jul 3, 2008

Does this mean a) that you display most (but not all) recent posts or b) only the most recent ones?

David Russi
David Russi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:34
English to Spanish
+ ...
Only the most recent ones Jul 3, 2008

As you present it, it would never occur to me it might mean "most, but not all".

Barnaby Capel-Dunn
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Just splitting hairs! Jul 3, 2008

David Russi wrote:

"As you present it, it would never occur to me it might mean "most, but not all".

I know. Still, my remark is grammatically valid!

Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:34
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I think... Jul 3, 2008

...it's b).

Barnaby Capel-Dunn
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
You could be right... Jul 4, 2008

Yaotl Altan wrote:

...it's b).

... But then again, it could be a)

Barnaby Capel-Dunn
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
On reflection... Jul 4, 2008

To remove all possible ambiguity, and in the case of a), perhaps the title of the forum could be: "Most most recent posts"? And in the case of b), perhaps "Recent posts" would suffice?

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 09:34
SITE STAFF
"Most Recent Posts" shows the newest forum posts Jul 4, 2008

Hello all,

The "Most Recent Posts" section (and the customized setting for your homepage) will show you the list of the latest or newest posts made in the forums.

Best regards,

Jared

Barnaby Capel-Dunn
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Can I just get this straight? Jul 4, 2008

Are you saying that the list includes not only the latest but also the newest posts?

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
Sure Jul 4, 2008

Hi Barnaby,

Yes, correct.

Best regards,

Jared

Barnaby Capel-Dunn
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Right Jul 4, 2008

Thank you, Jared.

Barnaby Capel-Dunn
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Just to be absolutely sure... Jul 5, 2008

As I understand it, the "Most recent posts" forum lists not only the LATEST but also the NEWEST posts?

Teresa Duran-Sanchez
Teresa Duran-Sanchez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:34
German to Spanish
+ ...
But they are selected. Sep 4, 2008

Jared wrote:

Hello all,

The "Most Recent Posts" section (and the customized setting for your homepage) will show you the list of the latest or newest posts made in the forums.

Best regards,

Jared

Well, mine has just disappeared, and it was pretty much one of the latest or newest posts in the forum. Actually older posts are still there in the list, but not mine. I wonder why...

http://www.proz.com/forum/kudoz/114428-kudoz_is_not_a_shadow_of_what_it_used_to_be.html#936436

Stéphanie Soudais
Stéphanie Soudais  Identity Verified
France
English to French
not all posts Oct 11, 2008

As something similar to Teresa happened to me recently, I opened a support ticket. After several days without answer and several reminders, I was answered that some posts that are "not of general interest" do not appear on the "most recent posts" page.

I don't like this system, because if I'm interested in a thread but forget to tick the "track" box, I might not be aware that the thread is still active.

Moreover, I would like to know what criteria are taken into accoun
... See more
As something similar to Teresa happened to me recently, I opened a support ticket. After several days without answer and several reminders, I was answered that some posts that are "not of general interest" do not appear on the "most recent posts" page.

I don't like this system, because if I'm interested in a thread but forget to tick the "track" box, I might not be aware that the thread is still active.

Moreover, I would like to know what criteria are taken into account to consider that a thread is "not of general interest". Who decides ?

Good question, but if this post does not appear on the "most recent posts" page, nobody will be able to read it and I will certainly never get an answer....

Stéphanie
Collapse

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 07:34
Spanish
+ ...
'Most recent posts that might or might not include potentially controversial posts' Oct 11, 2008

The "Recent Posts" section doesn't really include the all the recent/newest/latest posts. I've noticed that some posts that --even though don't go against any rule-- are removed from the front page because they might be potentially controversial. Maybe the title should be changed to 'Most recent posts that might or might not include potentially controversial posts'.

Andrea Riffo
Andrea Riffo  Identity Verified
Chile
English to Spanish
+ ...
nevermind Oct 13, 2008

It's just not worth it any more

[Edited at 2008-10-13 11:55]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Most Recent Posts"

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »