Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Recent posts: only those posted up to 2 days ago appearing (Staff: Fixed)
Thread poster: Nesrin
Nesrin
Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:02
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jun 2, 2008

Hi - I'm just wondering why suddenly the "Recent topics" list on the homepage, the "More recent posts" list and also the listed topics on each of the main forums pages has shrunk to only show those posted up to 2 days ago. It's fine for someone checking the site everyday, but I do prefer a longer list esp. when I've been away for a week or so.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-06-02 12:52]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-06-02 13:41]

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Other posts on same subject Jun 2, 2008

See http://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_bugs/106633-forum_view_messed_up.html
andhttp://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_bugs/106637-limited_forums_view.html

Manuela Junghans
Manuela Junghans  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:02
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Completely agree with Nesrin Jun 2, 2008

I noticed this morning that I could actually only see the last 6 or 7 posts or so, I´m not actually sure whether this even covers the last 2 days.
I would also prefer to have it as it used to be or at least be given the option to choose how many post I would like to display.

Manuela

Nesrin
United Kingdom
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
A bug or a redesign? Jun 2, 2008

Thanks, Jack. I suppose the other two askers expected it to be a bug, while I thought it was the result of a site redesign, hence the different forums.
Of course, I would have seen those two other threads if they'd appeared on my "recent topics" list!

---

But I realise now it has to be a bug, cause I'm sure many more posts have been made over the past two days.

[Edited at 2008-06-02 09:48]

Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
French to English
Not only, but also Jun 2, 2008

Nesrin wrote:
Of course, I would have seen those two other threads if they'd appeared on my "recent topics" list!

Same here, it was 8 yesterday, 4 on the list today, and my setting is 30.
Trouble is, if the staff have the same problem, they won't see this thread!

I suppose we have to open support tickets...!

writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Same here Jun 2, 2008

I sent in a support ticket-thought it was just my prob. I didn't (still can't) see the other forum posts on the topic. Hopefully it's just a bug. Fwiw-everything worked fine until today.

Charlie Bavington
French to English
Last night Jun 2, 2008

writeaway wrote:
Fwiw-everything worked fine until today.

It was wrong for me last night as well.
Altho today the list is only 4 long, whereas last night it was 8 or 9.

Of course, perhaps, unlike me, you have a life away from your computer, and were fortunate enough not to be logged on to proz yesterday evening

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
Reason could be.. Jun 2, 2008

Hi! The contest and logos and banners on the header taking too much space. Just a guess. Brandis

Jennifer Forbes
Jennifer Forbes  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Exactly Jun 2, 2008

Nesrin wrote:

Hi - I'm just wondering why suddenly the "Recent topics" list on the homepage, the "More recent posts" list and also the listed topics on each of the main forums pages has shrunk to only show those posted up to 2 days ago. It's fine for someone checking the site everyday, but I do prefer a longer list esp. when I've been away for a week or so.

I agree, Nesrin. I have, in fact, just been away for 4 days and on my return find only 6 or 7 recent posts displayed. What's happened?
Please could the site staff return the "recent posts" page to the way it used to be.
Thanks in advance,
Jenny

Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Alerted staff Jun 2, 2008

Hi all,

I've alerted ProZ.com staff to this thread so that they can look into this issue.

Best,
Steffen

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 07:02
SITE STAFF
Thanks-- fixing Jun 2, 2008

Hello all,

Thanks very much for reporting this. We are working on fixing this now. I appreciate your patience.

Best regards,

Jared

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
Should be working now Jun 2, 2008

The recent topics on the home page should be working fine now. Thanks!

Best regards,

Jared

Charlie Bavington
French to English
it is, but Jun 2, 2008

Jared wrote:

The recent topics on the home page should be working fine now. Thanks!

Best regards,

Jared

It is on the home page.
Problem still appears when clicking on "more recent posts" link - I just did so and it displayed 7 or 8 threads only...

Edit - actually, it's not fine on the homepage either - this thread is under the "site forums" category, which I have selected for display, and yet this thread does NOT appear on the homepage list of topics.
So something has gone wrong somewhere....

[Edited at 2008-06-02 13:54]

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
Thanks Charlie Jun 2, 2008

Can you check your "Most recent posts" list now? This should be back to normal. Please note also that not all topics will appear on the home page (see http://www.proz.com/faq/forums for more information). Thanks.

Best regards,

Jared

Nesrin
United Kingdom
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great, thanks! Jun 2, 2008

Jared wrote:

Can you check your "Most recent posts" list now? This should be back to normal. Please note also that not all topics will appear on the home page (see http://www.proz.com/faq/forums for more information). Thanks.

Best regards,

Jared

Thanks also for replying to what would have been my next question, namely why isn't this discussion appearing on the homepage!

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Recent posts: only those posted up to 2 days ago appearing (Staff: Fixed)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »