Thread poster: Hang Nguyen-Padfield
Hang Nguyen-Padfield
Hang Nguyen-Padfield  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:45
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
Oct 7, 2002

I am having problem with TRADOS and XML files. Is there anyone who knows how to use Trados for XML files? Thank you in advance.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:45
English to German
+ ...
You need the DTD setup Oct 7, 2002

TagEditor can be used to translate XML files, however, you need the DTD settings in order to produce the .ini file that\'s required to properly identify and process tags.

Given the very specific nature of each set of XML files (which is the very reason for using XML in the first place), there is no way Trados could produce pre-set .ini files (as they do for HTML or XSL files). There is a wizard for creating the .ini files, but the process is not exactly the easiest; also, th
... See more
TagEditor can be used to translate XML files, however, you need the DTD settings in order to produce the .ini file that\'s required to properly identify and process tags.

Given the very specific nature of each set of XML files (which is the very reason for using XML in the first place), there is no way Trados could produce pre-set .ini files (as they do for HTML or XSL files). There is a wizard for creating the .ini files, but the process is not exactly the easiest; also, the whole thing very much depends on how well the XML files were authored (I had a problem with some XML files because my customer had combined XML with HTML code - TagEditor can recognise one at a time, but not both).

Note that Trados can create .ini files on the basis of DTD specifications provided. Obviously, that\'s not free of charge, but not too expensive either.
Collapse

Hang Nguyen-Padfield
Hang Nguyen-Padfield  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:45
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
THANK YOU. Oct 7, 2002

Do you know how to change the font for XML file in TagEditor? I cannot change the font to the font needed.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to use TRADOS with XML files

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »