T-Windows: can I put more than one Excel file into a project?
Thread poster: Gillian Searl
Gillian Searl
Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:06
German to English
Jul 29, 2002

Does anyone know:

When you use the Trados T-Window for Excel, is there a way of selecting more than Excel file to go into the project file? I have 50 small Excel files that need translating - do I need to create a new project file for each one?

Thanks

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:06
English to German
+ ...
Alternative suggestion Jul 29, 2002

I don\'t know the exact answer to your question (have you searched the Trados knowledge base?), but why don\'t you create one large .xls file containing all the small spreadsheets?

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Take Ralf´s suggestion Jul 29, 2002

As far as I know thera are no possibilities to open more than one file in T-Window for Excel. I just consulted the help files from it, but by creating a new project they state, that you shall select ONE file for translation and ONE destination file (or accept the default one).

HTH

Jerzy

Gillian Searl
Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:06
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
The problem is ... Jul 30, 2002

there are 50 small files! I was just looking for a shortcut but that would make it longer. By the way, where is the documentation that goes with T-Windows for Excel? I couldn\'t find it on the CD.

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
The help files are there Jul 30, 2002

If you start T-Window, you have full access to the help files, which are not that bad. They are mainly not so good as ie. Mircosoft help for Word, but still one can use them.

More documentation can be found on:

http://support.trados.com/download.asp

And
... See more
If you start T-Window, you have full access to the help files, which are not that bad. They are mainly not so good as ie. Mircosoft help for Word, but still one can use them.

More documentation can be found on:

http://support.trados.com/download.asp

And if you register with www.translationzone.com , you´ll find a user guide for T-Windows in section Download - Documentation. Registering is free, and as you are a user of TRADOS, I assume you allready done this.

Nevertheless, I´m afraid you will need to follow Ralf´s advice - or work without TRADOS (not the best solution, I know).

Other possibility would be to copy all data sheets to Word and translate them there, then copy them back - but it works only if you have the same version of Excel and Word (ie. both from Office 2000). Trying to copy text from Word into Excel with different version (ie. Word 2000 into Excel 97) does not work.

Best

Jerzy
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

T-Windows: can I put more than one Excel file into a project?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »