Can't import HTML file for translation into Studio 2019 (unexpected token) or TagEditor (no .ini)
Thread poster: Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
Oct 19, 2020

I'm unable to import an HTML file from a client of mine into Studio 2019, even with schema validation disabled. The error messages I'm getting can be seen in this screenshot:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pklifagnceqst1o/StudioError.jpg?dl=0

In addition, I can't translate this file in the old TagEditor because it wants me to specify an .ini file, complaining a
... See more
I'm unable to import an HTML file from a client of mine into Studio 2019, even with schema validation disabled. The error messages I'm getting can be seen in this screenshot:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pklifagnceqst1o/StudioError.jpg?dl=0

In addition, I can't translate this file in the old TagEditor because it wants me to specify an .ini file, complaining about "unknown DOCTYPE declaration/root element 'HTML'".

Has anyone experienced this problem? Is there any solution other than messing with the content of the source file, which I won't do and shouldn't have to do for the money I paid for Studio, given that OmegaT handles the same file without issues?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't import HTML file for translation into Studio 2019 (unexpected token) or TagEditor (no .ini)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »