Thread poster: Merve Gürbüz
Merve Gürbüz
Merve Gürbüz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 14:33
English to Turkish
+ ...
Sep 17, 2019

Hello everyone. I am working on a project. The source file is a doc file. But the client has added another .doc file which is the continuation of the other. Now, I have to add the second file but I couldn't. As a target, I have to produce only one word document and there are several same sentences in the second file. So adding it will make my job easier. How can I do that?

[Edited at 2019-09-17 12:06 GMT]

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 13:33
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
If Sep 17, 2019

you have opened the first file like a single-file project, you will be unable to add more files. You need to create a normal project, and add both files there. You can use the same TM, of course.

Merve Gürbüz
Merve Gürbüz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 14:33
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Sep 17, 2019

Natalie wrote:

you have opened the first file like a single-file project, you will be unable to add more files. You need to create a normal project, and add both files there. You can use the same TM, of course.

Thank you for your reply. If I open a new normal project, how can I add my translated segments? I am using the software for the first time...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adding a new word file

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »