Lucjan Butulescu
Lucjan Butulescu  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 17:09
Romanian to Polish
+ ...
Jul 26, 2019

Hello,
I used Trados 6,5 in combination with MS Word Proofing Tools for a long time. I was very happy when I could use the synonyms that MS Word had.
Now I am trying to work with SDL Trados Studio 2019. The program is by far better than 6,5, but I cannot find any synonyms when I am translating. Of course, if I open the file for the final QA and Check Out I can use the synonyms, but I would prefer to do it during the primary translation.
SDL 2019 does not have that option that w
... See more
Hello,
I used Trados 6,5 in combination with MS Word Proofing Tools for a long time. I was very happy when I could use the synonyms that MS Word had.
Now I am trying to work with SDL Trados Studio 2019. The program is by far better than 6,5, but I cannot find any synonyms when I am translating. Of course, if I open the file for the final QA and Check Out I can use the synonyms, but I would prefer to do it during the primary translation.
SDL 2019 does not have that option that was so useful in Trados 6,5? Or it’s me – maybe I am doing something wrong with plugins?

Please inform me if you can help.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Synonyms in MS Office – Trados 6.5 versus SDL Trados Studio

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »