NG Translation
NG Translation  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:27
Member (2011)
English to French
Jul 13, 2019

Hello,

Yesterday I accepted an update for Studio 2019. Unfortunately, the update failed and Studio disappeared (shortcut and files). I restored the system to an earlier timepoint and Studio appeared again. However, I can’t open it. Every time I try to open it, I get the following message:

“Cannot validate SDL plug-in: Sdl.TranslationStudio.Plugins.WorldServerTranslationProvider.WorldServerTranslationProviderStartUp, Sdl.TranslationStudio.Plugins.WorldServerTranslati
... See more
Hello,

Yesterday I accepted an update for Studio 2019. Unfortunately, the update failed and Studio disappeared (shortcut and files). I restored the system to an earlier timepoint and Studio appeared again. However, I can’t open it. Every time I try to open it, I get the following message:

“Cannot validate SDL plug-in: Sdl.TranslationStudio.Plugins.WorldServerTranslationProvider.WorldServerTranslationProviderStartUp, Sdl.TranslationStudio.Plugins.WorldServerTranslationProvider, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888:”

I uninstalled it, but was unable to reinstall it as I kept getting an error message saying that a higher version of Studio 2019 was detected on the PC and had to be removed first. I had to do a second system restore in order to get Studio 2019 back. However, it still won’t open and I still get the same error message.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Many thanks,

Nadège
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2019 « Cannot validate SDL plugin »

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »