Thread poster: Matthew Dykes

Matthew Dykes
Spain
Local time: 22:26
Member (Jun 2019)
French to English
+ ...
Jun 13

I'm having a problem when autopropagate is activated, it's a bit hard to describe but here goes:

I am reviewing a document. There are two identical segments, segment 1 and segment 2. I approve segment 1 (Translation Approved) and go on to segment 2. Segment 2 automatically gets approved but the status of segment 1 automatically reverts to Translated.

Is there some sort of setting I have wrong?

Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:26
English to German
+ ...
Problems when autopropagate is activated Jun 13

Matthew Dykes wrote:

I'm having a problem when autopropagate is activated, it's a bit hard to describe but here goes:

I am reviewing a document. There are two identical segments, segment 1 and segment 2. I approve segment 1 (Translation Approved) and go on to segment 2. Segment 2 automatically gets approved but the status of segment 1 automatically reverts to Translated.

Is there some sort of setting I have wrong?

Try setting Autopropagate forward only.

Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
using Autopropogate Jun 13

I'd be very careful using Autopropogate as it can screw up a good translation.
Not sure about using it in forward mode only as I've never used it since it came out and I realised how it inserts things it thinks are right but may actually not be.
Some of my clients have sent out a warning to all the people they work with not to use it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems when autopropagate is activated

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search