Ute Neumaier
Ute Neumaier  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:11
Member (2008)
Spanish to German
+ ...
May 12, 2019

I am working with Trados 2017 and all was fine. The last job I did was a package which I received from a client. The next time I wanted to open a word and a ppt file, I got the message above. In English it reads: An unexpected error occurred while activating the document view/Beim Aktiviteren der Dokumentenansicht ist ein unerwarteter Fehler aufgetreten.
I have found some strings with this problem and i have tried the restart TRados, to restart my Mac, but the problem persists. No idea wha
... See more
I am working with Trados 2017 and all was fine. The last job I did was a package which I received from a client. The next time I wanted to open a word and a ppt file, I got the message above. In English it reads: An unexpected error occurred while activating the document view/Beim Aktiviteren der Dokumentenansicht ist ein unerwarteter Fehler aufgetreten.
I have found some strings with this problem and i have tried the restart TRados, to restart my Mac, but the problem persists. No idea what I can do. Who knows and can help? I need to work on Monday and need to solve it by then. Thanks alot!"
Collapse

Frank Zou
Frank Zou  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 06:11
Member (2016)
Chinese to English
+ ...
convert ppt to pptx May 13, 2019

I had the same problem with a ppt file before, so I tried pptx format of the same file and it worked.

So my suggestion is:

Try save it as a pptx file instead of a ppt file and import to the Studio, see if it works.

Ute Neumaier
Ute Neumaier  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:11
Member (2008)
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
THANKS FRANK ISSUE RESOLVED May 13, 2019

Hello Frank, thanks for your advice. The issues is solved. I contacted Paralells support and could get it done with them. It seems that it only had to do with not updating Windows on Paralells. Onces I did not Trados worked again. Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

An unexpected error occurred while activating the document view Trados 2017

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »