Transferring Trados 6.5 to new computer - still in demo mode
Thread poster: Ragnar Hanas
Ragnar Hanas
Ragnar Hanas
Sweden
Apr 19, 2019

I am still using 6.5 with S-Tagger and FrameMaker 7.2, works fine. But now I have a new computer with Windows 10. Trados installed, new license generated and Workbench opens fine. License manager shows successful test. However, I did the mistake of opening S-Tagger on my old computer in the same network to check the settings, which switched S-Tagger into demo mode on the new and now it stays there. I have returned the license from the old computer to my Trados account, but strangely Trados still... See more
I am still using 6.5 with S-Tagger and FrameMaker 7.2, works fine. But now I have a new computer with Windows 10. Trados installed, new license generated and Workbench opens fine. License manager shows successful test. However, I did the mistake of opening S-Tagger on my old computer in the same network to check the settings, which switched S-Tagger into demo mode on the new and now it stays there. I have returned the license from the old computer to my Trados account, but strangely Trados still can be opened there including full version of S-Tagger for FrameMaker. So the problem is how to switch the S-Tagger Frame demo mode from the new to the old computer? S-Tagger for Interleaf opens in full mode on the new computer since I have not opened it on the old computer. Do I need to uninstall Trados on my old computer or will the new computer "remember" the S-tagger status even then?
Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Ragnar
Collapse

Ragnar Hanas
Ragnar Hanas
Sweden
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Apr 22, 2019

After reading some old posts from 2004, I shut down the old computer completely and restarted the new computer a couple of times, but still demo. I had earlier experimented with compatibility settings, and had settled for Windows 95 for S-Tagger. However, when I now unchecked compatibility settings, S-Tagger immediately reversed to full mode without restarting the computer. A bit strange, but it worked.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transferring Trados 6.5 to new computer - still in demo mode

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »