Thread poster: sidlejinx
sidlejinx
sidlejinx
Ukraine
Local time: 11:15
English to Russian
+ ...
Mar 16, 2019

I use Trados 2017. I have a TM for English (UK) - XXX pair, which I'd like to use with a English (USA) - XXX project. I cannot add it to the project though. Is it possible? Is there an easy way to change a TM's language?

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:15
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
AnyTM? Mar 17, 2019

sidlejinx wrote:

I use Trados 2017. I have a TM for English (UK) - XXX pair, which I'd like to use with a English (USA) - XXX project. I cannot add it to the project though. Is it possible? Is there an easy way to change a TM's language?

Studio 2017 offers the "AnyTM" feature, when you want to add TMs to your project. Under that feature you should be able to add a TM with a different language variant.

Lorenzo Bermejo
Robert Rietvelt
Liselotte K. de Hennig

DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
Export + Reimport Mar 17, 2019

It's been a while since I last used Trados, yet if it's not about server-based and the latest "upgradeable" TM formats, I would try exporting to TMX or TXT and simply changing the corresponding language codes.

Jaime Oriard

sidlejinx
sidlejinx
Ukraine
Local time: 11:15
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works Mar 21, 2019

DZiW wrote:

It's been a while since I last used Trados, yet if it's not about server-based and the latest "upgradeable" TM formats, I would try exporting to TMX or TXT and simply changing the corresponding language codes.

This works, thank you

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Changing a TM's language

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »