Error when exporting target file in SDL Studio 2017 SR1: "Please select a target location."
Thread poster: Víctor Mata Sánchez
Víctor Mata Sánchez
Víctor Mata Sánchez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 5, 2019

Hi all,

I am trying to export a target file on SDL Studio 2017 SR1, but I get the error message: "Please select a target location."
In the files view and with the file translated, I right click on the file, go to Batch tasks > Export files, I click next and immediately I get the error message when in the Batch processing > Export files section, under All languages pairs (this also happens in my language pair, but just in case it is relevant).
I am trying to export a docx
... See more
Hi all,

I am trying to export a target file on SDL Studio 2017 SR1, but I get the error message: "Please select a target location."
In the files view and with the file translated, I right click on the file, go to Batch tasks > Export files, I click next and immediately I get the error message when in the Batch processing > Export files section, under All languages pairs (this also happens in my language pair, but just in case it is relevant).
I am trying to export a docx file (Word 2016), but this is only happening with the translation packages I receive from one specific client. I can export similar files for other clients with no problem, so I guess it must be something to do with their packages or my settings.
I also tried changing the default global export location in Studio settings, but it does not work.

Does anyone have any clue on how to solve this?

Thanks and sorry if I am missing some piece of relevant information!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error when exporting target file in SDL Studio 2017 SR1: "Please select a target location."

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »