Unable to launch SDL Trados 2019 after trying to install two apps from the SDL AppStore
Thread poster: Ivana Kahle
Ivana Kahle
Ivana Kahle  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:52
Member (2007)
German to Croatian
+ ...
Jan 31, 2019

Hello,
yesterday I attended the SDL webinar on apps from the SDL AppStore and decided to install two apps: SearchOnWeb and Web Lookup. I restarted the software after installing the SearchOnWeb app and everything seemed fine. After installing the Web Lookup app I tried to restart the software again, but it wouldn't launch. I got this odd message: "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation."
This is what I already did trying to fix it:
1) I deleted the existing cop
... See more
Hello,
yesterday I attended the SDL webinar on apps from the SDL AppStore and decided to install two apps: SearchOnWeb and Web Lookup. I restarted the software after installing the SearchOnWeb app and everything seemed fine. After installing the Web Lookup app I tried to restart the software again, but it wouldn't launch. I got this odd message: "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation."
This is what I already did trying to fix it:
1) I deleted the existing copy of SDL Trados Studio (Control panel, Programs, Uninstall a program) and installed it again from the SDL web page - there was no result, the software wouldn't launch.
2) I used the system restore option and restored my system to an earlier point of time (January 23, 2019). My OS is Windows 7, 64 bit. There was no result again.
3) No other software was affected.
Any ideas how to fix it?
Thanks in advance and happy translating,
Ivana.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to launch SDL Trados 2019 after trying to install two apps from the SDL AppStore

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »