Thread poster: Kunal Jaidka
Kunal Jaidka
Kunal Jaidka
India
English to Punjabi
+ ...
Jan 15, 2019

Good day everyone!

I just received an SDL WSXZ file from one of my clients. When I'm trying to open it, a pop-up appears saying 'MultiTerm is unable to create the termbase', and hence I'm unable to open the file. Could anyone provide some help in this regard?

Thanks in advance!

Cheong Park
Cheong Park  Identity Verified
South Korea
Local time: 12:20
Member (2018)
English to Korean
Try changing the name of the package Jan 16, 2019

I've worked with same kind of format as you mentioned, and the PM at the time said that I should change the name of the file format into ".zip" and then unzip the file. It worked for me every time, wish it works for you too!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error opening a SDL WSXZ file.

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »