How to prevent Studio 2019 from trying to open Outlook when creating a return package?
Thread poster: Hybinette
Hybinette
Hybinette
Local time: 08:36
German to Swedish
+ ...
Jan 9, 2019

I've been having the issue for a while now (I don't know exactly when it started, but it's become more of a problem now that I work for an agency that requests return packages rather than just the sdlxliffs) that Studio 2019 tries to open Outlook whenever I'm creating a return package, and it is slowly driving me mad. I do not use Outlook, but I am not able to uninstall it since it has become an integral part of Office 365.

How do I stop Studio from opening Outlook? My Studio versio
... See more
I've been having the issue for a while now (I don't know exactly when it started, but it's become more of a problem now that I work for an agency that requests return packages rather than just the sdlxliffs) that Studio 2019 tries to open Outlook whenever I'm creating a return package, and it is slowly driving me mad. I do not use Outlook, but I am not able to uninstall it since it has become an integral part of Office 365.

How do I stop Studio from opening Outlook? My Studio version is 2019 SR1 15.1.0.44109, and I'm using Windows 10 and Office 365 with all the current updates.
Collapse

Jaime Oriard
Jaime Oriard  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 01:36
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Change the default... Jan 9, 2019

email program in Window's settings to the one you use.

Good luck!

Viktoriia Horiachko

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 10:36
English to Russian
For AHK users Jan 9, 2019

Here is another workaround, a script by Nora Diaz:
https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/400/t/20418

Nora Diaz

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 00:36
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
A more detailed explanation of the script Jan 9, 2019

Thanks for sharing the script, Stepan! For anyone looking for a more detailed explanation, please see this article:

https://noradiaz.blogspot.com/2018/11/closing-outlook-window-when-creating.html

Ivana Kahle

Hybinette
Hybinette
Local time: 08:36
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I fixed it Jan 9, 2019

Thank you for your replies! I managed to fix it by starting the account configuration process in Outlook, and after that I no longer get prompted to open Outlook.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to prevent Studio 2019 from trying to open Outlook when creating a return package?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »