How to apply changes in TM translation unit to ALL repetitions within the file I'm translating?
Thread poster: Sinah Krüger
Sinah Krüger
Sinah Krüger
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Nov 21, 2018

Hi!
I pretty new working with Trados and I think my problem should actually be easy to solve, but I just don't find out how! I hope I can describe adequatly:

I'm translating a file with a lot of repetitions. I translate a segment and I confirm it and it gets applied to all segments of the same kind. But then later, after the the tenth segement or so or even in the review I change my mind and change the translation. I confirm it and I want it to be applied to all the repetition
... See more
Hi!
I pretty new working with Trados and I think my problem should actually be easy to solve, but I just don't find out how! I hope I can describe adequatly:

I'm translating a file with a lot of repetitions. I translate a segment and I confirm it and it gets applied to all segments of the same kind. But then later, after the the tenth segement or so or even in the review I change my mind and change the translation. I confirm it and I want it to be applied to all the repetitions in the file. How do I do that in an easy and efficient way?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sinah
Collapse

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Auto-propagation Nov 21, 2018

Hello,

The feature you are seeking is called auto-propagation.

I suggest you search for the relevant documentation, depending on your version.

Jean

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 13:55
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Choose "First segment in the document" Nov 21, 2018

sinah wrote:
I'm translating a file with a lot of repetitions. I translate a segment and I confirm it and it gets applied to all segments of the same kind. But then later, after the the tenth segement or so or even in the review I change my mind and change the translation. I confirm it and I want it to be applied to all the repetitions in the file. How do I do that in an easy and efficient way?

I think it's the following setting you want (this is Studio 2019, but it should be something similar in your case):
Skjermbilde

I.e. File > Options > Editor > Auto-propagate > Starting position: Auto-propagate from: First segment in the document

I hope this helps.

Roy

Sinah Krüger
Sinah Krüger
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Nov 21, 2018

I found it and it works, thank you so much!

It's difficult to find help in the documentation if you don't know how it's called what you are looking for

Thanks again and a nice day for the two of you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to apply changes in TM translation unit to ALL repetitions within the file I'm translating?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »