Impossible to reach the 100% score although all segments are translated and validated
Thread poster: Caroline Tsaganas

Caroline Tsaganas  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:42
Member (2011)
English to French
+ ...
Sep 25, 2017

Hi everyone,
I have had following problem tonight. One of the numerous plain normal sdlxliff files I am translating (which comes out of a package of several files) is blocked at 75%, although I did translate and validate each segment.
Whatever I do, I get the following percentage in the below frame : Draft -7,57% (a negative value, yes!), Translated 75,95%.
I’ve validated each segment twice per hand to make sure I am not crazy. I also checked if each segment hat a green pen
... See more
Hi everyone,
I have had following problem tonight. One of the numerous plain normal sdlxliff files I am translating (which comes out of a package of several files) is blocked at 75%, although I did translate and validate each segment.
Whatever I do, I get the following percentage in the below frame : Draft -7,57% (a negative value, yes!), Translated 75,95%.
I’ve validated each segment twice per hand to make sure I am not crazy. I also checked if each segment hat a green pen and a green check. They all do. When I applied a filter to make sure only the not validated segments appear, nothing appears. Same happens when I filter the draft segments.
It seems something is not working correctly.
This file contains 977 words. I’ve noticed that SDL Trados blocked completely the first time I translated around segment 50 if I remember correctly. I had to reboot my computer. It was a first. I did not think it had any influence on anything, but maybe it had.
The other files of the package are not problematic.
Could someone let me know if they had the similar problem and if there is a solution?
Thanks in advance

Caroline
Collapse


 

Ekaterina Kroumova  Identity Verified
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
Translation Count Sep 25, 2017

Hi Caroline,

Could you please run the batch task called Translation Count (from Files view) and report back if anything changes?


Irina Lowisky
 

Caroline Tsaganas  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:42
Member (2011)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked ! Sep 25, 2017

Yes Ekaterina ! It worked wonders ! I reached the 100% mark directly. Is there a reason why ? Can you explain?
1000 thanks

Caroline


 

Ekaterina Kroumova  Identity Verified
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
No logic explanation Sep 25, 2017

I have no logic explanation, and don't think even guys from SDL have one. I once found this solution by chance, fiddling with commands. But I've never had a 25% difference like you so far.

Now you have the solution Bonne chance !


 

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 17:42
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Quite common Sep 27, 2017

When I have let's say 18 files in a project some files will turn 99 or 100 % after translation, others will stay at 45 as nothing has happened. I got used to it.

 

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 16:42
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Try running a word count Sep 27, 2017

Heinrich Pesch wrote:
When I have let's say 18 files in a project some files will turn 99 or 100 % after translation, others will stay at 45 as nothing has happened. I got used to it.


I have seen others give the advice of running a word count when this happens. Apparently that fixes the wrong percentage. It is a known bug, apparently which has been around for quite some time. If it will ever be fixed, I would not know.

Roy

[Edited at 2017-09-27 08:36 GMT]


 

Catherine Hess  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:42
Member (2016)
Italian to English
Word count didn't work for me Oct 8

I tried running "word count" on the files that don't show as 100%, and that changed nothing. I have the 2019 version; don't know if that matters.

 

Angela Rimmer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:42
Member (2014)
German to English
+ ...
I often get a negative count Oct 8

It happens from time to time. I've just assumed it's a bug that no one can be bothered to fix. It usually happens to me if I've changed the segmentation in the file during translation (merged or divided segments).

To fix it, I just reopen the file, then press Save. At that point the percentages are corrected.


 

Ekaterina Kroumova  Identity Verified
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
Translation count Oct 8

Catherine Hess wrote:

I tried running "word count" on the files that don't show as 100%, and that changed nothing. I have the 2019 version; don't know if that matters.


You need to run Translation Count, not Word Count. These are different tasks.


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Impossible to reach the 100% score although all segments are translated and validated

Advanced search







PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search