Gabriela Rivera
Gabriela Rivera  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 11:40
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 5, 2016

Hello all,

I translated a very long text in Trados 2014 and I have finished translating everything, but when I save the target file, a bunch of already translated and confirmed segments appear in the original language. My translation is not shown in the target Word file. I have tried everything and it still doesn't work! I'm looking at the translated segments in Trados but for some reason eveything appears in the original language when saving the Word file. Has anyone encountered t
... See more
Hello all,

I translated a very long text in Trados 2014 and I have finished translating everything, but when I save the target file, a bunch of already translated and confirmed segments appear in the original language. My translation is not shown in the target Word file. I have tried everything and it still doesn't work! I'm looking at the translated segments in Trados but for some reason eveything appears in the original language when saving the Word file. Has anyone encountered the same problem? Help!!
Collapse

Joel Pina Diaz
Joel Pina Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
English to Spanish
+ ...
EER / UER Mar 5, 2016

Hi

Here is a link that might help you.

http://foxdocs.biz/BetweenTranslations/export-translation-from-trados-studio-for-external-review-in-word/

Gabriela Rivera
Mexico
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It didn't work... Mar 5, 2016

Any other ideas? I already tried in different computers thinking there was something wrong with my software, but it was the same thing. I created new projects, new tm, new everything from scratch and I still have the same problem.

Amnon Shapira
Amnon Shapira  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 20:40
Member (2011)
English to Hebrew
Copy Paste Mar 5, 2016

Hi,
I would select the target segments in the Trados Editor Copy all and Paste it into the Word document.
This may not be a solution but it will certainly get the work done.
Have a nice weekend

Gabriela Rivera
Mexico
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes Mar 5, 2016

That's what I ended up doing, which of course took a lot of time, specially since there was a lot of formating that needed to be redone. Anyway, I delivered the file on time.

Thank you both for your help!

peter chen
peter chen  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 01:40
English to Chinese
+ ...
This may be a word edition problem Mar 6, 2016

You can try it.

Dominic D.
Dominic D.
Local time: 19:40
Serbian to Russian
+ ...
2019 SP1 and bug still there Jan 22, 2019

Pathetic, SDL, Pathetic. I've seen the bug in 2011 already, and apparently they haven't done anything about it. I'm SO considering switching to MemoQ permanently.

Lena Simatupang
Lena Simatupang  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 00:40
Member (2021)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Translated segments in trados do not appear in target file Jul 31, 2021

I encountered the same. Segment 577-594 translated in Trados but not showing in target file - power point. End up, copying the target language to the target file.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translated segments in trados do not appear in target file

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »