Pioneer2015
Pioneer2015
Japan
Local time: 13:07
English to Japanese
+ ...
I cannot connect termbase Jun 23, 2016

Hello,

I am using Trados 2015, and whenever I try to add termbase, it says "You have no permission to connect this termbase and try to check if it is valid one,"

What I have to do for this case?

It is really strange.

Thanks

Ditte Duclert
Ditte Duclert  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:07
Member (2011)
English to Danish
+ ...
Close and reopen termbase window Apr 11, 2017

I just had the same problem, and closing and reopening the termbase window solved the problem! Thanks for the suggestion.

Enrico Antonio Mion
Enrico Antonio Mion  Identity Verified
France
English to Italian
+ ...
Close and reopen Nov 27, 2017

Ditte Duclert wrote:

I just had the same problem, and closing and reopening the termbase window solved the problem! Thanks for the suggestion.

This worked for me. Thanks! It was this simple...

TranslationONE
TranslationONE  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
Reorganise database Feb 25, 2019

I know it's an old thread, but have you tried reorganising the databse? Worked for me...

Paraskevas Stavrakos
Paraskevas Stavrakos  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 07:07
Member (2011)
English to Greek
+ ...
Solution with OmegaT Aug 13, 2023

I have encounterd this problem many times with Trados. I solved it by using OmegaT, a free CAT tool.

It has no problem with large TBs. You have to convert the TB to Excel file by using Glossary Converter and then by using Notepad to a txt file,

You have to create a project in OmegaT. In the source files folder of the project you copy the Trados bilingual files.

You copy the notepad termbase file to the glossary folder of the project in OmegaT project folder
... See more
I have encounterd this problem many times with Trados. I solved it by using OmegaT, a free CAT tool.

It has no problem with large TBs. You have to convert the TB to Excel file by using Glossary Converter and then by using Notepad to a txt file,

You have to create a project in OmegaT. In the source files folder of the project you copy the Trados bilingual files.

You copy the notepad termbase file to the glossary folder of the project in OmegaT project folder.

Then you can work on the files and the term recognition works fine in the glossary window of OmegaT.

If you don't want to work in OmegaT you can have Trados and OmegaT open at the same time and see the terms.
Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:07
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
ha ha (just use memoQ) Aug 13, 2023

This is the oldest Trados bug I know of. It has been happening for so many years now it's a sad, sad joke. As I have said elsewhere, many times over the years, until they change to a more modern underlying technology, this problem will not go away. Trados termbases are based on some kind of ancient Microsoft Access or Jet technology. However, since Trados termbases are basically MultiTerm termbases, and changing the underlying tech would thus involve completely changing MultiTerm, I doubt they w... See more
This is the oldest Trados bug I know of. It has been happening for so many years now it's a sad, sad joke. As I have said elsewhere, many times over the years, until they change to a more modern underlying technology, this problem will not go away. Trados termbases are based on some kind of ancient Microsoft Access or Jet technology. However, since Trados termbases are basically MultiTerm termbases, and changing the underlying tech would thus involve completely changing MultiTerm, I doubt they will ever do it in our lifetime.

My recommendation: just use memoQ.

[Edited at 2023-08-13 16:56 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Termbase not displaying results

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »