Anna Wiman
Anna Wiman  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 02:51
German to Swedish
+ ...
Dec 11, 2013

Hello,

Working in SDL Trados Studio 2011, up until now I have translated segment after segment, confirming them as I go with Ctrl + Enter, leading to the document being 100% translated.

Now I'm having problems - I translated a Word file and exported it for external review. I received the reviewed file and put it back into Studio by updating it from external review.

I had a look at all the changes, accepted almost all of them and the document is now 1,29% dr
... See more
Hello,

Working in SDL Trados Studio 2011, up until now I have translated segment after segment, confirming them as I go with Ctrl + Enter, leading to the document being 100% translated.

Now I'm having problems - I translated a Word file and exported it for external review. I received the reviewed file and put it back into Studio by updating it from external review.

I had a look at all the changes, accepted almost all of them and the document is now 1,29% draft, 84,87% translated and 13,84% translation rejected.

I am satisfied with all the segments and would like to find some kind of way to put all segments in translated status, instead of starting at the top and hit Ctrl + Enter a hundred times.

Basic question with probably a very basic answer but I just can't find the solution (there must be one??? Imagine having to hit Ctrl + Enter in a document with thousands of segments...).

Thanks,

Anna Wiman
Collapse

Doan Quang
Doan Quang  Identity Verified
Vietnam
Local time: 07:51
English to Vietnamese
Shift Key Dec 11, 2013

I just click on the first segment then scroll down to the bottom and press Shift to select all then simply click Confirm. Hope this helps

Hassan Bekhit Hassan

Anna Wiman
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Select all with shift, then go to Edit > Change Segment Status Dec 11, 2013

Thank you for your answer, Doan Quang!

The shift-method to select all worked fine for me.

I could not confirm the segments by clicking the Confirm-button in the tool panel, it was greyed out.

I could not confirm the segments by right click and change the segment status, this will lead to confirming only the segment in which you right clicked.

I found the solution by selecting all segments with the shift-method and then go to Edit - Change Segme
... See more
Thank you for your answer, Doan Quang!

The shift-method to select all worked fine for me.

I could not confirm the segments by clicking the Confirm-button in the tool panel, it was greyed out.

I could not confirm the segments by right click and change the segment status, this will lead to confirming only the segment in which you right clicked.

I found the solution by selecting all segments with the shift-method and then go to Edit - Change Segment Status > Translated.

Problem solved!
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Updating TM Dec 11, 2013

Anna Wiman wrote:

I found the solution by selecting all segments with the shift-method and then go to Edit - Change Segment Status > Translated.

Problem solved!

That's the correct method for changing segment status. Bear in mind that that doesn't update your TM. So if you want your reviewed translation in your TM, make sure you "update main translation memories". To do that, go to the files view, right click the sdlxliff file and select that option.

Hassan Bekhit Hassan

Anna Wiman
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Lifesaver! Dec 11, 2013

Thank you very, very much Emma for this information. It is truly crucial. : - ) Good night!

Ala Rabie
Ala Rabie  Identity Verified
Egypt
Japanese to Arabic
+ ...
Simple and Effective Apr 29, 2015

Thank you for the useful tip, Anna.

Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Italian to English
+ ...
To Confirm all segments and update TM in Studio May 22, 2019

Thanks Emma, Anna and Doan for this.

Just to recap
In order to confirm all segments and update the TM in Studio

Select all segments by clicking on first then shift + click on last
Right click and change segment status to Translated
Batch task update Main TM

If the segment status isn't "Translated" (I think Translated, Translation Approved or Signed Off) the TM won't be updated with the segments of any other status, such as Draft for exampl
... See more
Thanks Emma, Anna and Doan for this.

Just to recap
In order to confirm all segments and update the TM in Studio

Select all segments by clicking on first then shift + click on last
Right click and change segment status to Translated
Batch task update Main TM

If the segment status isn't "Translated" (I think Translated, Translation Approved or Signed Off) the TM won't be updated with the segments of any other status, such as Draft for example.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to Change Segment Status to Translated for all segments i Studio 2011

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »