SDL Passolo Essential 2011 SP9 & .tbulic* Files
Thread poster: Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:53
English to French
+ ...
May 12, 2014

.tbulic* files are listed but can't be loaded? Any reason for it?

Thanks,

Bernard

Achim Herrmann
Achim Herrmann
English to German
Please use the Translator Edition May 26, 2014

Hello,

A TBULIC* file is a translation bundle (package) exported from the Team Edition or the Collaboration Edition. Use the free Translator Edition (http://www.sdl.com/campaign/lt/sdl-passolo-2011-translator-edition.html) to edit and translate them.

SDL Passolo Essential is a full version shipped with SDL Trados Studio that can parse som
... See more
Hello,

A TBULIC* file is a translation bundle (package) exported from the Team Edition or the Collaboration Edition. Use the free Translator Edition (http://www.sdl.com/campaign/lt/sdl-passolo-2011-translator-edition.html) to edit and translate them.

SDL Passolo Essential is a full version shipped with SDL Trados Studio that can parse some software files but is limited in the supported files types and it has a reduced translation productivity feature set.

The free Translator Edition has the productivity feature set from the fully licensed version, and offers all the interfaces to other SDL products.

BTW: Where is it stated that Essential is supprting TBULIC* files?

Achim Herrmann
SDL Passolo Business Consultant
Collapse

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
*tbulic* Files May 26, 2014

are listed under Files Types - normally when a file type is listed in a dropdown list, it can be opened.

Cheers,

Bernard

Polina Diasakou
Polina Diasakou
Local time: 10:53
English to Greek
+ ...
Export of tbulic files Jan 9, 2015

Hello Achim,

I read your post about export of tbulic files from Passolo Team and I thought you could help me.

My question is, could I export tbulic files from Passolo Team 2009 and then open it for translation with SDL Passolo Translator 2011? If yes, how can I do that, I mean the export?

I would really appreciate it if you could help me as soon as possible.

Kind regards
Polina Diasakou

Achim Herrmann
Achim Herrmann
English to German
Please use the corresponding Translator Edition Jan 14, 2015

Hello Polina,

No, bundles exported from SDL Passolo 2009 Team Edition can't be opened with the 2011 Translator Edition. As project data strcutures are different the 2011 Translator Edition refuses to open an older bundle. You can install both 2009 and 2011 Translator Editions on one system. They don't interfer with each other.

The old 2009 Translator Edition can be downlo
... See more
Hello Polina,

No, bundles exported from SDL Passolo 2009 Team Edition can't be opened with the 2011 Translator Edition. As project data strcutures are different the 2011 Translator Edition refuses to open an older bundle. You can install both 2009 and 2011 Translator Editions on one system. They don't interfer with each other.

The old 2009 Translator Edition can be downloaded from http://downloadcentre.sdl.com/passolo/2009/TranslatorSetup.exe

Best Regards
Achim Herrmann, SDL Passolo Business Consultant
Collapse

Sakshi Garg
Sakshi Garg  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 13:23
Error 0208 Dec 14, 2016

Hi,

I want to open .TBULIC15 file in Passolo 2015 Profession Edition but I am getting an error code 0208. Could you please help me what does it mean and how can I open this file?

Thank you in advance!

Cheers
Sakshi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Myron Netchypor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Passolo Essential 2011 SP9 & .tbulic* Files

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »