Jessica Link (X)
Jessica Link (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:41
English to German
+ ...
Feb 2, 2013

Hi everyone,

I am working on a project using Passolo Translator Edition but I cannot connect the Passolo add-in to my Trados Studio 2011 on my computer.

In the add-in there is an error message stating that I have to change the settings.xml file for Trados and indicate the installation path for Trados there. Now the problem is that I found that file and tried to change it but it did not work out because:

1) I did not know exactly where and how to ind
... See more
Hi everyone,

I am working on a project using Passolo Translator Edition but I cannot connect the Passolo add-in to my Trados Studio 2011 on my computer.

In the add-in there is an error message stating that I have to change the settings.xml file for Trados and indicate the installation path for Trados there. Now the problem is that I found that file and tried to change it but it did not work out because:

1) I did not know exactly where and how to indicate the Trados installation path. I tried to indicate the installation path in several ways but nothing worked (after re-launching both my computer and Passolo, I still got the error message for the Passolo add-in)
2) After having re-installed Passolo to have the initial settings again, I could not open the settings.xml file anymore (both as a user and a translator)

It's the first time I am working with Passolo and I actually don't know what to do. I would really need a TM because my translation is part of a bigger project and the single files need to be re-integrated into one bundle for the client. Somehow, all translators of the project have the same problem.

Is there any chance to save the translations of the translation helper in a file format that can be changed to a TM in tmx format? Because my translations are saved somewhere in Passolo since I can find them via the fuzzy search. Or does anyone know how to solve the add-in problem directly?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Jessica.
Collapse

Achim Herrmann
Achim Herrmann
Local time: 02:41
English to German
Some tips Feb 6, 2013

Hello Jessica,

Before editing the settings.xml file, please move it to the desktop. Windows 7 doesn't allow you to edit files in some directories. After editing it copy it back to the original directory. On my system the directory where SDL Trados Studio 2011 is installed is "C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio2"

So the file looks like
<TradosStudioSettings>
<InstallLocation>C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio2
... See more
Hello Jessica,

Before editing the settings.xml file, please move it to the desktop. Windows 7 doesn't allow you to edit files in some directories. After editing it copy it back to the original directory. On my system the directory where SDL Trados Studio 2011 is installed is "C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio2"

So the file looks like
<TradosStudioSettings>
<InstallLocation>C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio2</InstallLocation>
</TradosStudioSettings>

If the connection to Studio is established, you can use it for pre-translation, fuzzy matching and concordance seraching. You can also use the add-in to save translations back into the connected TM but there is no function to export translated data into a TMX file using the free Translator Edition.

Hope this helps.
Achim Herrmann
SDL Passolo Business Consultant

[Edited at 2013-02-06 22:46 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Myron Netchypor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message for Trados Studio add-in in Passolo

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »